Devices under Microsoft account disappeared after Windows update

Anonymous
2025-05-30T23:14:25+00:00

After running the latest Windows update, my two laptops, xbox controllers stopped getting listed under Microsoft account/devices.I tried all the usual methods including a factory reset, but it still does not work. Under Microsoft Store device management, there is a blank entry and it does not let me unlink it.

It looks like that the link between device and Microsoft account is corrupted or there is a sync issue. I contacted Microsoft support but they are not sure why and asked me to wait 30 days to see if the device list will refresh automatically.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-03T17:52:34+00:00

    I tried all these steps too, but I couldn't solve the problem.

    I already wrote what I tried and couldn't find a solution, bro.

    I may have figured out how the problem occurred.

    I updated my motherboard bios and my graphics card in 1.5 months. I think after the bios update it is detected as a new device and it may cause a problem.

    Because I did the same thing on my second system. My device that was visible in my Microsoft devices section stopped appearing after the bios update. I verified this on a second device.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-28T02:59:19+00:00

    when i ping microsoft.com it seems like the server is having problems!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-06-27T08:43:10+00:00

    My device do not show name in microsoft store device management. Is anyone having the same problem as me?

    My device is not showing in the devices section and it is not showing the name in the Microsoft Store section

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments