Devices under Microsoft account disappeared after Windows update

Anonymous
2025-05-30T23:14:25+00:00

After running the latest Windows update, my two laptops, xbox controllers stopped getting listed under Microsoft account/devices.I tried all the usual methods including a factory reset, but it still does not work. Under Microsoft Store device management, there is a blank entry and it does not let me unlink it.

It looks like that the link between device and Microsoft account is corrupted or there is a sync issue. I contacted Microsoft support but they are not sure why and asked me to wait 30 days to see if the device list will refresh automatically.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-03T19:36:03+00:00

    I updated my motherboard bios and my graphics card in 1.5 months. I think after the bios update it is detected as a new device and it may cause a problem.

    Because I did the same thing on my second system. My device that was visible in my Microsoft devices section stopped appearing after the bios update. I verified this on a second device.

    I don't think the problem is the bios update.

    I tested this...I removed the account with the problem from my PC, and I created a new Microsoft account which I linked to my PC. The device is visible on the Microsoft website and everything works as it should. Then I had to disconnect the device from the new account I have to use the one with the problem because it has a digital Windows license as well as an Office license.

    Just to mention, the account problem started because i reinstalled windows 11 and i changed the pc name .

    I think all we can do is wait for ms to fix the problem . ...btw i contacted support and they screwed me into reinstalling the system again . they are totally useless. :((

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-02T12:23:21+00:00

    So I have the same issue. All of my previously registered devices have disappeared from my Microsoft account. I currently have a broken Xbox controller which can't be repaired or replaced due to a current issue that's happening globally with Microsoft accounts that have devices no longer showing as linked to the account. Microsoft has confirmed that this is an ongoing issue and there has not been a resolution yet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-12T09:49:45+00:00

    I've had the same issue for about a month after I had to perform a reinstall.

    In account/linked devices it shows my old computer name and it can't be removed.

    The devices list on the Microsoft account page doesnt show my PC, phone or controller anymore. Its either completely blank or I get some strange error string on the website if I try to remove my old device from Windows/accounts/linked devices.

    I created a new outlook address and then a new Microsoft account in order to create a temporary new Windows account and my current computer at least shows up and "find my devices" works.

    It would appear to be an issue with my primary email address since the reinstall. But seen as so many people are having the same problem on here, it would also suggest that whatever this problem is, it is systemic.

    I created a thread looking for help but the lady that was helping me, hasn't got back to me for a couple of days. Going by other people's comments here, there doesn'tappear to be any point in doing a live chat with support either.

    So can you do us all the courtesy of telling us all exactly what this problem is (we know that you know) and tell us how to fix it or if we have to wait for a patch.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-02T21:13:09+00:00

    I also had to reinstall Windows 11 on my laptop and am having the same issue (not showing up under Microsoft account). I contacted support through chat and they weren't able to help either. My laptop does show up when I go into my settings and find linked devices just not when I go to the account on the webpage.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-06-08T17:34:07+00:00

    I have the same problem. My computer shows up under linked devices but not on the Microsoft Account's device page. I created a local account and signed in with that but it did not help. I tried to sign into Microsoft with the local account, but it told me another account on the machine was already using that Microsoft account (which was my original account). I then signed back into my original account. It did not help.

    I was going to try a repair install, but given what has happened here, it might be better to wait. The really strange thing is that I have three other identical computers configured the same way, and they are not having any issues.

    If anyone has any other suggestions, I would appreciate them.

    By the way:

    "2) Trigger Sync manually by going to Settings > Accounts > Sync your settings and ensure sync is enabled."

    I could not find a sync manually on this page. Am I missing something?

    I am using Windows 11 Pro 24H2

    OS Build 26100.4202

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments