The crazy part is you keep refreshing the device page like crazy and the device pops up and gone again. 😂😭
Devices under Microsoft account disappeared after Windows update
After running the latest Windows update, my two laptops, xbox controllers stopped getting listed under Microsoft account/devices.I tried all the usual methods including a factory reset, but it still does not work. Under Microsoft Store device management, there is a blank entry and it does not let me unlink it.
It looks like that the link between device and Microsoft account is corrupted or there is a sync issue. I contacted Microsoft support but they are not sure why and asked me to wait 30 days to see if the device list will refresh automatically.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
51 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2025-07-01T20:34:01+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-06-25T21:27:34+00:00 Windows support team has not returned back to me after the issue was elevated. But Xbox support team responded. My Xbox elite controller is now listed under devices. See email below.
Try sending an email and see if they can help. Funny thing is that my laptop has started randomly appearing and disappearing in my account for some reason.
<< ******@microsoftsupport.com >>
I hope you are doing well. Please be informed that the device registering issue has been fixed and you can register your device. Please get back to us, if you have any queries.
-
Anonymous
2025-06-19T10:00:42+00:00 I just type "I want to speak to a human!"
-
Anonymous
2025-06-19T09:57:41+00:00 Type "live agent" when start chatting with virtual assistant.
-
Anonymous
2025-06-16T07:03:12+00:00 It's a good job I seen this first. I was about to reinstall Windows today to see if that helped. I didn't fancy sacrificing two days getting my machine back to what it was.
A lot of people seem to be having this it seems. It's not a critical issue but if my laptop was stolen. I wouldn't be able to track it under this primary email account.
The silence from Microsodt is also quite telling...
Thanks