Why when I click an Instagram post photo, the computer screen goes dark transparent gray with an X at the top right. ?

Anonymous
2025-04-06T14:06:29+00:00

I think that my clicking on an Instagram post photo is supposed to enlarge the photo post on the the left side and show the comments section with "insights" link on the right side. This is what happens when I look at other users' posts.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-04-14T21:20:07+00:00

The same thing happened to me, but I found a way around it. When you click on the post and the screen goes black hit the refresh button; the photo post will enlarge, and you can access the post like before. I couldn't figure out what the problem and it was so frustrating. I tried everything then hit the refresh button and boom I had the post brought up. I hope this helps and works for you as well. Have a nice day!

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-16T21:09:52+00:00

    Same here on the videos.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-16T18:09:35+00:00

    I have not posted any videos, so do not know. If videos do not demonstrate the same issue, that is even more puzzling.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-16T14:31:23+00:00

    I notice if I post a video it doesn't do this and works as usual. Do you see that too?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-06T20:41:54+00:00

    Legend, this has been driving me nuts for weeks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments