Why when I click an Instagram post photo, the computer screen goes dark transparent gray with an X at the top right. ?

Anonymous
2025-04-06T14:06:29+00:00

I think that my clicking on an Instagram post photo is supposed to enlarge the photo post on the the left side and show the comments section with "insights" link on the right side. This is what happens when I look at other users' posts.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-04-14T21:20:07+00:00

The same thing happened to me, but I found a way around it. When you click on the post and the screen goes black hit the refresh button; the photo post will enlarge, and you can access the post like before. I couldn't figure out what the problem and it was so frustrating. I tried everything then hit the refresh button and boom I had the post brought up. I hope this helps and works for you as well. Have a nice day!

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-25T23:21:57+00:00

    Yes, I've sent complaints early on when I first noticed. But not lately - it's as if this glitch is normal now. All of these apps, programs, etc have customer service and help links but nobody answers the phone. Nobody home. Out to lunch.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-25T16:58:12+00:00

    At this point I am thinking it is the Instagram app and nothing else. I have sent messages but get nothing back from them. The fact that it works in a multitude of situations with exception to this particular one makes me think that in one of Instagram's own updates someone has messed up and they are not in a hurry to fix it. (If ever). Start messaging them and maybe the collection of complaints will cause them to actually look at it. At least two of us here have done so with me having made a couple of complaints.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-25T13:08:29+00:00

    This is still happening - and with every browser on my computer. I followed all the help on other sites - clearing cache, extensions, enhanced settings, tracker blocking etc. etc. ... - and this is the ONLY fix. But why?!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-17T20:25:50+00:00

    I notice if I post a video it doesn't do this and works as usual. Do you see that too?

    Yes, it does work as usual with video. I had not noticed before. Weird!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments