Why when I click an Instagram post photo, the computer screen goes dark transparent gray with an X at the top right. ?

Anonymous
2025-04-06T14:06:29+00:00

I think that my clicking on an Instagram post photo is supposed to enlarge the photo post on the the left side and show the comments section with "insights" link on the right side. This is what happens when I look at other users' posts.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-04-14T21:20:07+00:00

The same thing happened to me, but I found a way around it. When you click on the post and the screen goes black hit the refresh button; the photo post will enlarge, and you can access the post like before. I couldn't figure out what the problem and it was so frustrating. I tried everything then hit the refresh button and boom I had the post brought up. I hope this helps and works for you as well. Have a nice day!

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-25T18:24:02+00:00

    At least there is some consolation that the grid works as it is supposed to with other visitors, but I need to be able to check a new post to see how it looks and to check comments (as you point out). I suppose I have to have my phone or iPad nearby whenever I am working on IG; things seem to work as expected on non-computer devices.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-25T17:36:53+00:00

    I'm not sure but I believe so. I had someone open one of my posts a while ago and they didn't seem to have the issue. The odd thing is I have 3 accounts and 2 are broken. My 3rd which I have never used (but was the first one I opened years ago) with no photos, does not have this issue when I tested a post. So it must have something to do with our newer version of accounts. I'm not sure. I am glad I found this page as I was searching every where and there is really not much on this issue with the screen going black and we can't see likes, comments etc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-25T16:39:40+00:00

    The computer version of Instagram has always lagged behind the mobile version. For a period of time it was not even possible to create a new post on the computer version. I agree that IG needs to fix this. But am I correct in thinking that the issue occurs only when a user accesses his own material? I ask because everything works normally when I visit any IG site except my own.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-25T15:47:54+00:00

    It's so annoying to not be able to use our instagram accounts like we did. And no one replies to the tickets. I don't have a business account. I refresh and it opens on the right side. No issues so far on my iphone mobile app. I wish more people would see this and chime in but it is a problem on the Instagram side that we can only hope gets fixed somehow.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments