Why when I click an Instagram post photo, the computer screen goes dark transparent gray with an X at the top right. ?

Anonymous
2025-04-06T14:06:29+00:00

I think that my clicking on an Instagram post photo is supposed to enlarge the photo post on the the left side and show the comments section with "insights" link on the right side. This is what happens when I look at other users' posts.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-04-14T21:20:07+00:00

The same thing happened to me, but I found a way around it. When you click on the post and the screen goes black hit the refresh button; the photo post will enlarge, and you can access the post like before. I couldn't figure out what the problem and it was so frustrating. I tried everything then hit the refresh button and boom I had the post brought up. I hope this helps and works for you as well. Have a nice day!

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-21T20:23:04+00:00

    Agree. I think I will wait. Hope more people can figure this out and Instagram can fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-21T19:43:41+00:00

    I'm frankly surprised that so many people have this problem on Instagram. I'm still using Courtney's work around - I'm very hesitant to delete anything in "temporary files." There are ominous warnings. Hopefully Instagram will fix but not very likely I feel.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-21T19:00:24+00:00

    thanks for the quick reply. I really like Courtney's workaround above. I hope everyone puts a ticket in to Instagram so they can get this fixed. Not sure why some of us are affected and others are not.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-21T18:39:19+00:00

    When you go to the temporary files a bunch of them are checked, which ones can I safely delete for instagram without it affecting my other programs etc.?

    In my system > storage > temporary files I deleted all of the checked folders. Each one had some text saying that it would not do any harm to delete them, or words to that effect. My guess is that it's the folder "Temporary Files - apps can store ..." that did the trick but I don't know for certain. Perhaps others can confirm.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments