Why when I click an Instagram post photo, the computer screen goes dark transparent gray with an X at the top right. ?

Anonymous
2025-04-06T14:06:29+00:00

I think that my clicking on an Instagram post photo is supposed to enlarge the photo post on the the left side and show the comments section with "insights" link on the right side. This is what happens when I look at other users' posts.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-04-14T21:20:07+00:00

The same thing happened to me, but I found a way around it. When you click on the post and the screen goes black hit the refresh button; the photo post will enlarge, and you can access the post like before. I couldn't figure out what the problem and it was so frustrating. I tried everything then hit the refresh button and boom I had the post brought up. I hope this helps and works for you as well. Have a nice day!

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-21T16:57:29+00:00

    You are a genius Courtney! How did you think to do that? I have been researching for days/weeks. My photos after uploading (PC's only) all go black. I thought i violated something. Your solution is a good temporary fix. I agree, it's hard to do if you want to scroll through photos. My mobile still works. AI suggested trying firefox but I have not done that yet.

    I am grateful I found your post! Again, how did you even think to do this? I never saw the x in the top right. I hope Instagram fixes this. I put in 2 tickets and wish everyone else that reads this would. It is on their end.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-21T16:54:57+00:00

    When you go to the temporary files a bunch of them are checked, which ones can I safely delete for instagram without it affecting my other programs etc.?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-18T07:44:21+00:00

    It works after deleting the files - system, storage, temporary files . Thank you for the suggestion. I followed the clean up recommendations apart from keeping my downloads folder.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-18T01:56:54+00:00

    System, storage, temporary files. I tried it on my machine but it did not work. I have the Instagram app on the laptop and use normal web access.

    Give it a go on your machine and let us know if it does anything.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments