Why when I click an Instagram post photo, the computer screen goes dark transparent gray with an X at the top right. ?

Anonymous
2025-04-06T14:06:29+00:00

I think that my clicking on an Instagram post photo is supposed to enlarge the photo post on the the left side and show the comments section with "insights" link on the right side. This is what happens when I look at other users' posts.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-04-14T21:20:07+00:00

The same thing happened to me, but I found a way around it. When you click on the post and the screen goes black hit the refresh button; the photo post will enlarge, and you can access the post like before. I couldn't figure out what the problem and it was so frustrating. I tried everything then hit the refresh button and boom I had the post brought up. I hope this helps and works for you as well. Have a nice day!

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-17T19:58:16+00:00

    I have just added a new Instagram account and this works on my Surface Pro but the other account still has the dark transparent grey screen. Could it be a caching issue? If so, where is the Instagram cache to delete?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-17T19:14:01+00:00

    I have an older Dell laptop and a new Lenovo laptop. Same problem on both. I tried in on google and edge browsers. I was wondering too if it was computer specific but I am doubting it at this point. Your response tells me it isn't a particular brand. It might have to do with third party addons or OS revisions. At this point we just have to wait and see if they ever correct it...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-17T17:00:22+00:00

    I have the same problem (Instagram screen goes dark transparent grey) with my Surface Pro but it works fine on my wife's iPad and Lenovo laptop. All of this is tested online. It seems to be a problem with Instagram on a Surface Pro with Windows 11. Is there an update from Microsoft?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-16T18:55:31+00:00

    I have done the same and, like you, I have not received a reply.

    Your solution is a definite help but it would be nice if it would work as it did. I (we) cannot cycle through images at this point and would like that feature back.

    Thanks for sharing your workaround.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments