Why when I click an Instagram post photo, the computer screen goes dark transparent gray with an X at the top right. ?

Anonymous
2025-04-06T14:06:29+00:00

I think that my clicking on an Instagram post photo is supposed to enlarge the photo post on the the left side and show the comments section with "insights" link on the right side. This is what happens when I look at other users' posts.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-04-14T21:20:07+00:00

The same thing happened to me, but I found a way around it. When you click on the post and the screen goes black hit the refresh button; the photo post will enlarge, and you can access the post like before. I couldn't figure out what the problem and it was so frustrating. I tried everything then hit the refresh button and boom I had the post brought up. I hope this helps and works for you as well. Have a nice day!

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-29T03:58:02+00:00

    Please also put a ticket into Instagram. The more the merrier so maybe someone will fix this.

    Folks! I just checked it and it's working normal! For now. Will check it again in the morning. Midnight here in Detroit right now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-15T17:15:32+00:00

    I messaged Instagram about it to see if maybe they might be able to shed some light on it. I haven't heard back from them. Anyway, good luck and have a great day!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-10T19:49:26+00:00

    I tried everything that you recommended and nothing worked. Still not loading my post picture.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-06T14:44:15+00:00

    Hello,

    Thank you for reaching out to the Microsoft Community and I'll be glad to assist you today.

    1. Are you having this issue with the Instagram App downloaded from the Microsoft Store?
    2. Could you please check if you are experiencing the same issue Online?

    • Open any web browser.

    • Sign in with your account on Instagram.

    • Select your Profile, and click on the recent post.

    • See if it is displayed usually.

    The issue you mentioned looks like the app is having trouble loading the picture, which displays a gray screen with a close icon at the top. (Could be a temporary glitch).

    So, I recommend restarting the Instagram app on your Windows 11 device and see if it works. If the issue persists,

    You can try restarting the entire system and relaunching the app.

    In addition to that, you can try other options like repairing or resetting the Instagram app.

    • Search for Instagram in the search bar on the taskbar, right-click the results and click App Settings.

    (Select Reset or Repair from the App settings).

    If nothing works, try reinstalling the app from the Microsoft store and check if it works.

    Let me know if you still need more help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments