Can't attach word document with Windows 10 home

Anonymous
2022-02-21T08:14:40+00:00

Today I was unable to attach a Word file to an email I wanted to send. I first tried through my Yahoo mail account. I didn't get an error message, the computer screen just got paler while the circular working icon was going. After waiting, I closed the program. After repeated attempts, I restarted my computer and had the same problem. I tried sending the Word file from my Gmail account and got the same problem.

The problem seems to be with just Word, as I had no problem attaching a PDF file.

I haven't made any recent changes and don't have any 3rd party virus protection. I tried the Microsoft trouble shooter with no result.

I have Windows 10 Home and use Chrome as my browser. I've had this configuration on my computer for over 2 years without a problem.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-02-21T13:23:53+00:00

    I went to the public library and used their Internet connection. Same problem using both the Private and Public Internet settings.. When I try to attach a Word document to an email I get no response.

    Since I've tried different browsers, mail programs and Internet connections wouldn't the problem have to be with Word?

    Thanks agains for your help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-02-21T10:32:20+00:00

    Before resetting it, I would recommend trying using another Internet connection, like your Mobile's hotspot for example.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-02-21T10:30:44+00:00

    Bhavik,

    Thanks, that could be it! I just got back from vacation and my Internet provider made some changes in the cable connections for the apartment block where I live. This was the first time that I tried sending an attachment after that change. (although I haven't noticed any other changes, everything connected automatically)

    What should I reset on my Internet settings? I see all the Firewall settings are on, but I had no problem receiving an attachment and I don't think the Firewall would block an attachment being sent out?

    Thanks again,

    Andrew

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Neil D 34,310 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-02-21T10:15:51+00:00

    Are you accessing your email using a browser or using the Mail app? If it is the app then try resetting the app via Apps and Features > Mail and Calendar > Advanced options > Reset.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-02-21T10:10:20+00:00

    Did you try using a different Internet connection? Sometimes it could be an issue as well.

    Reset your Internet Settings if changed anything.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments