thanks for replying, glad you found a workaround, I'll see if I can find a word doc that DOES attach and try your method. That said, I wish someone from microsoft sees this and helps. Being able to attach a document to an email is a big part of what Word/Windows should do well.
Can't attach word document with Windows 10 home
Today I was unable to attach a Word file to an email I wanted to send. I first tried through my Yahoo mail account. I didn't get an error message, the computer screen just got paler while the circular working icon was going. After waiting, I closed the program. After repeated attempts, I restarted my computer and had the same problem. I tried sending the Word file from my Gmail account and got the same problem.
The problem seems to be with just Word, as I had no problem attaching a PDF file.
I haven't made any recent changes and don't have any 3rd party virus protection. I tried the Microsoft trouble shooter with no result.
I have Windows 10 Home and use Chrome as my browser. I've had this configuration on my computer for over 2 years without a problem.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2022-05-01T02:42:50+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-04-30T04:46:48+00:00 Hi,
No I wasn't able to solve the problem. I can't attach new Word documents with any browser and with any mail program. I tried everything suggested except re installing Windows 11, which I'm reluctant to do. From some reason I can attach older Word documents. So I have a work around solutions- I made a copy of an old Word document, emptied it and use that for new Word docs I want to send.
-
Anonymous
2022-04-29T20:12:28+00:00 I have the same problem, can't attach word doc to grmail using chrome brower. Did you all ever find a fix for this? My computer couldn't take the 2022 update of Windows 360, not sure why but discovered this previously. Might that issue have a role in this problem?