OK. I'll take it to a local repair tomorrow and let you know about what happens. Will any of the data apart from that on C drive be affected?
BSoD after update to Version 2004
I faced a BSoD problem today, 1 week after upgrading to Version 2004 feature update.
The error shows
VIDEO TDR FAILURE
atikmpag.sys failed.
Here's what i have tried so far-
1.Tried rebooting several times
- Restore to a previous setting
- Uninstall latest updates (2004 version updates)
- Reset the PC (without data erasing).
The error is stil persistent. Please help.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2020-06-25T17:37:33+00:00 -
DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2020-06-25T17:13:49+00:00 Hi Harshvardhan
Yes, your Windows licence is stored on your device on a chip and also on the Microsoft Activation servers, provided they install the same Edition (Home, Pro . . etc) as is currently installed, that will self-activate . . .
-
Anonymous
2020-06-25T17:09:34+00:00 Will going to a local repair shop and getting the OS installed by them keep my system on genuine windows? I don't remember my product key... How will that be restored?
I am asking about a local shop because I am in India and Sony has stopped sales and support for all laptops for this region.
-
DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2020-06-25T16:48:26+00:00 Hi Harshvardhan
No, you have not lost your PC, honestly, at this stage, you need to go to the Repair shop, and have them install either 1903 or 1909 on your PC for you . . .
-
Anonymous
2020-06-25T16:47:11+00:00 Yes. Did everything as per the instructions. Even consulted a help centre personnel.
He guided me through it once more but eventually said that BIOS is not getting accessed, so this is beyond their scope and I should consult my manufacturer (sony) for this...
This doesn't sound good... Does it? Have I lost this system forever?? 😢