BSoD after update to Version 2004

Anonymous
2020-06-23T11:35:03+00:00

I faced a BSoD problem today, 1 week after upgrading to Version 2004 feature update. 

The error shows 

VIDEO TDR FAILURE 

atikmpag.sys failed. 

Here's what i have tried so far- 

 1.Tried rebooting several times 

  1. Restore to a previous setting 
  2. Uninstall latest updates (2004 version updates)
  3. Reset the PC (without data erasing).

The error is stil persistent. Please help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2020-06-25T16:38:03+00:00

    Hi Harshvardhan

    Did you use Rufus to create the bootable USB drive?

    Did you change the boot order so your PC boots from that USB flash drive?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-06-25T16:29:01+00:00

    Hey Dave,

    I tried the whole process for clean install, the BIOS screen fails to identify ISO file mounted on USB.

    The displayed message is "operating system not found". 

    What to do now!??? 

    It looks like I am in deep trouble now... 😔

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2020-06-25T11:46:25+00:00

    Hi Harshvardhan

    When you come to the part to select a partition to install Windows 10 onto, you will need to wipe the C drive, you can leave the other partitions alone and they will not be touched . . .

    Select the C drive partition and click Delete, then there are two other small partitions, the UEFI partition and the Recovery partition, delete those also

    Then select the resulting Unallocated Space and click 'Next' to install Windows

    If you are any unsure what partitions to delete, when you come to that stage, take a photo of that windows and post that here, so I can advise which partitions to delete . . .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-06-25T11:37:51+00:00

    Hey Dave,

    I was going through the instructions for the install and found that I'll have to create partitions again at some point during install. Will that erase all my data on all partitions (C, D, E, F)?? I am unable to back up anything as the system won't boot up. 

    However, if only C is going to get affected, I'll proceed with it as I don't have any personal data on that drive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2020-06-25T10:32:58+00:00

    Hi Harshvardhan

    In version 1903 your Radeon graphics should work properly . . .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments