You can install version 20.114.0607.0001 to resolve this issue without having to enable Insider preview.
Thank you very much. I installed this version and it fixed the problem.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I changed my OneDrive local file store location last week. Then I found I'm unable to uncheck "File On-Demand" option for OneDrive for business account. When I click that option, a warning message pops-up. When I click "OK", there is no change for this setting. Intetesting thing is, I can change the same setting for my personal OneDrive account, also able to change business OneDrive settings on another machine. Wondering if there is a setting to change or I have to reinstall/ reset OneDrive?
Thank you
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
You can install version 20.114.0607.0001 to resolve this issue without having to enable Insider preview.
Thank you very much. I installed this version and it fixed the problem.
Wow! That solved it. Thank you!
Worked for me too.
Become an Insider: Settings | Windows Update | Windows Insider Program. Join, and be sure to select Beta Channel. If you choose Release Preview Channel, you will not get it. Go through the enrollment process. Wait five minutes. Go to Windows Update, and check. It installed Windows 10, version 20H2 for me.
This solved the problem. I guess in five more days, they will start rolling it out, and this thread will no longer be needed.
My workaround was to go to the actual OneDrive folders on the PC, right click and then select 'always keep on this device' in the menu.
The status icon should then change from a cloud to a white tick in a green circle - once it's downloaded.
Granted it's not an elegant solution, but it worked for me.
Confirmed, OneDrive in "Personal mode", currently at version 20.084.0426.0007 (installed on Windows 10 Pro, version 2004, build 19041.329). I tried reset of OneDrive, reinstall of OneDrive, registry keys mentioned in this thread. Nothing helped. Checkbox will never accept "unchecked" state.
It looks like someone in Microsoft decided to force this as the only option, but forgot to remove this useless checkbox from UI.
The only thing that seems helpful is this workaround with "always keep on this device" which needs to be set explicitly per folder. Thank you, @billallen_UK
Hi Jonny,
I'm not a Sharepoint expert and I don't work for Microsoft (be nice if I did as looking at the moment...)
But I don't see why it wouldn't work - you should test it.
FWIW here's what I would do:
I'm sure there's an easier way :)