Unable to disable OneDrive file on-demand

Anonymous
2020-06-07T06:37:45+00:00

I changed my OneDrive local file store location last week.  Then I found I'm unable to uncheck "File On-Demand" option for OneDrive for business account.  When I click that option, a warning message pops-up.  When I click "OK",  there is no change for this setting.   Intetesting thing is, I can change the same setting for my personal OneDrive account, also able to change business OneDrive  settings on another machine.    Wondering if there is a setting to change or I have to reinstall/ reset OneDrive?

Thank you

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-22T15:53:05+00:00

    Right clicking on the one drive and selecting "always keep on this device" solved the problem...

    That's what I'm saying - that option doesn't exist for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Jan J.23 13,925 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2020-06-08T06:53:53+00:00

    Hi ShanShinan,

            I hope they can resolve the issue. Please let me know if you need any further assistance.
    

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-06-08T06:45:27+00:00

    Thank you for the suggestion.

    Trying that avenue.   Will get back here when I hear from the support team.

    Thank you,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Jan J.23 13,925 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2020-06-07T08:34:44+00:00

    Thank you for updating me about this issue.

    I apologize that those steps did not resolve the issue.

    Please contact their support to further assist you.

    https://onedrive.live.com/?action=feedback

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-06-07T07:33:53+00:00

    Thanks for the quick reply!

    Tried reset OneDrive, seeing two OneDrive icons disappeared.  Reboot the machine and seeting sync folders changed.  However, still unable to turn off "File On-Demand" option.   Tried on Windows Sandbox on same machine for the same account, it works.   So seems some settings on this machine is wrong but not sure what it is.   Anyone knows where this setting is stored in Windows?  a file, registry or somewhere else? 

    Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments