Unable to disable OneDrive file on-demand

Anonymous
2020-06-07T06:37:45+00:00

I changed my OneDrive local file store location last week.  Then I found I'm unable to uncheck "File On-Demand" option for OneDrive for business account.  When I click that option, a warning message pops-up.  When I click "OK",  there is no change for this setting.   Intetesting thing is, I can change the same setting for my personal OneDrive account, also able to change business OneDrive  settings on another machine.    Wondering if there is a setting to change or I have to reinstall/ reset OneDrive?

Thank you

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-14T19:26:20+00:00

    Right clicking on the one drive and selecting "always keep on this device" solved the problem...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-04T17:17:39+00:00

    UPDATE July 4, 2020. I am an Insider and I've been working with Microsoft support on the issue. They are having people try version 20.084.0426.0007 which is a production version of the Insider version 20.114.0607.0001. I was able to successfully test it on a couple of computers successfully. They did give me a registry hack in case it didn't work, but I didn't need to use it and we all know the less we hack the registry the better.

    The support site still shows target date for Production Ring roll out of July 6, 2020 for version 20.084.0426.0007.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-06-13T16:40:56+00:00

    I have same problem.

    I want to know how to resolve it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-06-13T11:02:50+00:00

    Contacted OneDrive support.  Not resolved yet.   Case still open.

    Thank you for the post.  I will let them know I'm not alone.  

    Thank you,

    Shan

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Jan J.23 13,925 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2020-06-07T06:47:15+00:00

    Check this link for more information.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/rese...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments