My update finally worked Friday, after more than four months of trying. Not sure why it worked this time after all the frustrations of the past 120-plus day, but call me pleased and satisfied that, at long last, the nightmare is over. These kinds of things must not continue to happen in the future. I'm sorry for all the Microsoft users have gone through with this longer-than-anticipated issue.
Unable to install 2024-01 Cumulative Updates for Windows 11
I've tried the Windows Troubleshooter, and I disabled Malwarebytes (I primarily use Windows Defender, so I didn't need it running as well), and I've tried restarting a couple times.
But the following two updates refuse to install, and I keep receiving error code 0x80070020 for:
- 2024-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5034123)
- 2024-01 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 for x64 (KB5033920)
What do I need to do, to get these updates to install?
I'm running Windows 11 Home (version 22H2).
Not sure if it's extraneous info but my processor is a 12th Gen Intel i7, with 32GB of RAM.
Many thanks,
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2024-02-18T21:58:56+00:00