No, Microsoft did not reply to me. It would be speculation on my part to guess why the update finally succeeded.
Unable to install 2024-01 Cumulative Updates for Windows 11
I've tried the Windows Troubleshooter, and I disabled Malwarebytes (I primarily use Windows Defender, so I didn't need it running as well), and I've tried restarting a couple times.
But the following two updates refuse to install, and I keep receiving error code 0x80070020 for:
- 2024-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5034123)
- 2024-01 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 for x64 (KB5033920)
What do I need to do, to get these updates to install?
I'm running Windows 11 Home (version 22H2).
Not sure if it's extraneous info but my processor is a 12th Gen Intel i7, with 32GB of RAM.
Many thanks,
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-01-21T02:26:55+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-01-21T02:05:09+00:00 Has Microsoft responded to this issue? I don't see an authenticated response on this thread.
-
Anonymous
2024-01-21T01:33:02+00:00 just through the normal check for updates
-
Anonymous
2024-01-20T03:15:35+00:00 On the second attempt, the update installed. Thanks to all for their suggestions and help.
-
Anonymous
2024-01-20T01:40:04+00:00 how did you do it can you hit me with an email how to do it because i don't know how to do it and i am not Tryna get a usb dongle I've tried everything looked at post talked to owners