How to import photos onto PC and not onto OneDrive

Anonymous
2024-01-19T01:05:17+00:00

I'm using Windows 11.

When I plug in my phone it opens the Photos app. But when I hit "import", the only location option is to download photos into a OneDrive folder. I don't have enough space on OneDrive for the photos. If I try to proceed anyways, it freezes my computer. I just want to download photos locally onto my PC so that I can move them to an external hard drive. Please help!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-09T19:34:56+00:00

    I want to move hijacked picture from the cloud to computer , They were hijacked by the cloud without my permission

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-07T14:56:44+00:00

    go to one drive setting click manage backup

    deselect potos and vids

    after try import again it gives u option to save local now

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-02T08:56:22+00:00

    I have just bought a new PC spent 2 days trying to upload my photos from my old PC I thought I was going mad, surely this type of blackmail is illegal, you have paid for a system and it does not do what you expect it to do. There even a folder for local photos but you can't put anything in there. My cloud is full and I cant receive or send e-mails.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-25T12:52:10+00:00

    Unfortunately nothing comes up when I click on import after following these instructions. Any more advice would be much appreciated.

    I guess this is done to make people buy space on onedrive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-25T00:36:50+00:00

    Why cant i just save to my PC? Why is my desktop going to OneDrive?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments