How to import photos onto PC and not onto OneDrive

Anonymous
2024-01-19T01:05:17+00:00

I'm using Windows 11.

When I plug in my phone it opens the Photos app. But when I hit "import", the only location option is to download photos into a OneDrive folder. I don't have enough space on OneDrive for the photos. If I try to proceed anyways, it freezes my computer. I just want to download photos locally onto my PC so that I can move them to an external hard drive. Please help!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-16T20:29:57+00:00

    Thank you for your reply. Basically my issue is the same however, legacy is responding better since I reinstalled again. Still a glitch or 2 but happy photos are importing even if it takes time to do so.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-15T19:54:37+00:00

    I'm having a similar issue, worked fine on Monday. When I connect my phone to my laptop via USB legacy opens and identifies the photos. I am then prompted to select all or since last download. I always pick last download as I take a lot of photos for work. When I check the prompt for since last down load, the system freezes and eventually crashes. I now have to go the file in my se10, copy and paste into a file in my laptop. This has made my photo management a nightmare since the sorting option are not "DATE" specific. Instead of all dropping within the order they were taken they are spread all over the place.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-30T06:34:20+00:00

    Martin's solution was not helpful at all. I was about to throw out my laptop with frustration. Thanks to Gunshot who saved my laptop!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-28T15:51:16+00:00

    Thanks Martin, I will give this a try. Dar

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-24T19:37:35+00:00

    I'm glad I'm not the only one. Dar S. Greyowlridge.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments