Automatic duplex printing no longer available on my HP Envy

Anonymous
2020-01-25T11:37:07+00:00

Hi, hope someone can help.

Overnight, my printer has stopped doing automatic duplex printing on PDF documents. It is an HP Envy 4520.

I have not made any changes to hardware or software/or done any upgrades etc. I use Windows 10. I have tried to update the device driver but it is up to date.

I have tried using the HP smart app as seen on another thread but it still requires me to manually move the paper to print the second side. 

Under printer properties it says double sided but if I look under device settings it now says 'not installed' next to 'automatic duplexing unit. 

I have not had this problem previously, and it was doing automatic double sided printing 2 days ago!

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-06-15T16:37:55+00:00

    Thank you - I tried this but unfortunately the issue has not been fixed!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-06-13T17:47:36+00:00

    I solved the problem for me. YMMV

    I downloaded the HP Print and Scan Doctor from support.hp.com.

    I let it rip.

    It fixed some problem with the Port.

    Restarted.

    Now, I have auto duplex printing working again.

    Hope this works for you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-01-25T12:37:40+00:00

    Can you change the automatic duplex unit setting to installed under device settings?

    It is now saying that duplex printing is installed.

    However when I go to print the document, it is still asking me to print manually and if I click on printer properties when going to print it says print on both sides manually.

    I have just got back to the printer and it now is NOT letting me change it to installed! Ugh

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-01-25T11:53:54+00:00

    Can you change the automatic duplex unit setting to installed under device settings?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-01-25T11:42:38+00:00

    Hi soleruler

    My name is Jon and I am an independent technical adviser. Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues and I would really like to help you find a resolution.

    Print double-sided in Acrobat DC, Reader DC

    In Acrobat or Reader, choose File> Print.

    Select Print On Both Sides Of Paper in the printer dialog.

    Duplex printing

    Click Print.

    Print double-sided in Acrobat, Reader 10 or earlier

    In Acrobat or Reader, choose File > Print.

    Click Properties.

    Click the Layout tab. This dialog varies printer to printer.

    Make a selection from the Print On Both Sides pane. Depending on the printer driver, this pane can be called "Double-sided printing" or a similar name. If you don't see a Print on Both Sides pane, then your selected printer doesn’t support duplex printing. Or, the feature is turned off (see Verify that printer features are turned on).

    Click OK, and then click OK again to print.

    Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments