Thank you - I tried this but unfortunately the issue has not been fixed!
The HP utility changed the Port setting from WSD port to Standard TCP/IP port. Maybe you can do that manually and see if that fixes it.
Thank you for the suggestion - I have tried doing this but it just chucks the printer off!
It is very frustrating!
Automatic duplex printing no longer available on my HP Envy
Hi, hope someone can help.
Overnight, my printer has stopped doing automatic duplex printing on PDF documents. It is an HP Envy 4520.
I have not made any changes to hardware or software/or done any upgrades etc. I use Windows 10. I have tried to update the device driver but it is up to date.
I have tried using the HP smart app as seen on another thread but it still requires me to manually move the paper to print the second side.
Under printer properties it says double sided but if I look under device settings it now says 'not installed' next to 'automatic duplexing unit.
I have not had this problem previously, and it was doing automatic double sided printing 2 days ago!
Any suggestions?
Thank you!
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2020-06-15T20:08:23+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-06-15T16:48:00+00:00 Thank you - I tried this but unfortunately the issue has not been fixed!
The HP utility changed the Port setting from WSD port to Standard TCP/IP port. Maybe you can do that manually and see if that fixes it.
-
Anonymous
2020-06-09T13:38:38+00:00 Ahh its Windows 10 for me so maybe that is the issue?
-
Anonymous
2020-05-09T13:49:54+00:00 Same.
however it works on my sons version 1903 (May 2019 Update) but not my version 1809 (April 2018 Update).
So am stumped.
maybe HP are dropping off printers of a certain age to make you upgrade.
but maybe like you go Cannon.
-
Anonymous
2020-01-26T21:12:04+00:00