Temporary files increasing every day by the gigabyte

Anonymous
2019-04-05T12:22:36+00:00

Yesterday I went to a computer repair person because I was getting messages that I was out of storage.  He had never heard of this problem but he ran a piece of software and said I would be good for a long time.  Well since yesterday another 6 gigs of temporary files have appeared in my storage.  I read some other articles first in this forum and tried the troubleshooter method and that didn't do anything.  It said it could not find anything wrong.  I don't want to bring it back to the computer repair person because he was just as perplexed as I am right now.

James

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2019-04-05T15:54:52+00:00

    Hi James

    In your second screenshot AppData - Roaming, looks unusually large, what sub folder of Roaming is taking up the most of that 7.8GB?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-04-05T15:49:21+00:00

    I went back in and took some more screen shots.  Tell me if you think there is something there that is unusual

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2019-04-05T15:36:05+00:00

    Hi James

    In TreeSize, what is the size of this folder (replace YourName with your login name)

    C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Temp

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-04-05T15:32:46+00:00

    No I don;t need to keep old emails.  I can probably figure out how to get to that but what I don't understand is why the temporary files are expanding rapidly.  I generally delete many of my emails in my deleted folder on a regular basis.  Even if I delete them, I fear that the temporary files will continue to increase.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2019-04-05T15:12:32+00:00

    Hi James, yes, that does seem to be a huge archive of Outlook files, it is taking nearly 16GB of space

    Do you keep your Email data going back a long time?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments