Temporary files increasing every day by the gigabyte

Anonymous
2019-04-05T12:22:36+00:00

Yesterday I went to a computer repair person because I was getting messages that I was out of storage.  He had never heard of this problem but he ran a piece of software and said I would be good for a long time.  Well since yesterday another 6 gigs of temporary files have appeared in my storage.  I read some other articles first in this forum and tried the troubleshooter method and that didn't do anything.  It said it could not find anything wrong.  I don't want to bring it back to the computer repair person because he was just as perplexed as I am right now.

James

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2019-04-06T06:07:22+00:00

    Hi James, sorry, I was offline . . .

    Please past another screenshot of TreeSize, I need to compare that to a previous shot to locate the difference in folder size and narrow this down as to a cause . . .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-04-05T22:15:24+00:00

    Dave:  My temporary file continues to grow.  See attached screenshot.  Any ideas?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-04-05T17:20:40+00:00

    Looks like it is the Apple computer that is taking up a lot of the room. That could be my one drive.  I still don't think that is the thing causing my temporary files to increase daily.  I will include another screenshot

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2019-04-05T16:32:29+00:00

    Hi James

    That Roaming folder is normal and required by Windows, don't try to delete that . .

    Can you see inside that Roaming folder in TreeSize to see what sub folder is using that space?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-04-05T16:27:06+00:00

    I agree.  I don't know what that roaming thing is or even how to get rid of it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments