Temporary files increasing every day by the gigabyte

Anonymous
2019-04-05T12:22:36+00:00

Yesterday I went to a computer repair person because I was getting messages that I was out of storage.  He had never heard of this problem but he ran a piece of software and said I would be good for a long time.  Well since yesterday another 6 gigs of temporary files have appeared in my storage.  I read some other articles first in this forum and tried the troubleshooter method and that didn't do anything.  It said it could not find anything wrong.  I don't want to bring it back to the computer repair person because he was just as perplexed as I am right now.

James

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-04-05T15:06:49+00:00

    Dave:  Not sure but it looks to be in the Outlook files.  You tell me what you think

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2019-04-05T14:03:07+00:00

    Hi James

    Everything there looks very normal, with the exception of the users folder

    Expand that folder in TreeSize and check for any sub-folder that should not be taking up unexpected space . . .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-04-05T14:01:05+00:00

    I did what you suggested and downloaded the software.  Shown here is the result

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-04-05T13:16:48+00:00

    You have a very small drive so not much room to start with.  But some of your areas seem to have quite a bit of data.  You can select the individual areas and check what the files are but your Music, Other People, and Other sections seem to have quite a bit so maybe you can remove some from there.

    You have storage sense turned on so maybe it isn't working or it thinks the temp files are still needed?  You may have files in the Delivery Optimization section depending on how you have that option set up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. VARADHARAJAN K 9,726 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2019-04-05T13:02:36+00:00

    delete all files from   temporary  folders  like temp  and  tmp

    use  disk cleanup  method  or  click on free up sapce now ,  choose all the boxes except downloads.

    and then click to delete

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments