Microsoft Refund Scam

Anonymous
2019-02-01T23:00:33+00:00

Received numerous phone calls from the following phone number 1-844-386-8965 stating that because Microsoft was no longer going to provide technical support, that I was entitled to a refund.  Today, I decided to call this pestering caller.  When I asked how much the refund was, the gentlemen with an Indian accent said that the refund was $300.00.  He request that I start my computer and that we could proceed with moving forward with getting the refund.  He wanted to get access to my computer.  He said it would take about 15 minutes to get this refund process done.  I told him that I did not have time to stay on the computer for 15 minutes since I had an appointment.  He said he would be glad to call me back at a time that I specified.  I said good bye and have not returned their call.  I caution anyone receiving this type of phone call that it is very likely a SCAM.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-04-09T19:06:59+00:00

    I have received a similar call but the number I got was from (888) 506-1121.  The man had an Indian accent.

    They tried to get me in front of my computer.  They offered to call me later when I was not at work and I told them I would review my records and call them back.  No intention of calling back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-06-11T20:31:24+00:00

    All I can say is they were cheapskates with all of you. I received aname:- Colette Martin

    E-mail:- ******@yahoo.com

    ph no:- 618-922-3981

    Refund Code:- MSSU061017750

    Address:- 1870 N. Lick Creek Rd Goreville, IL 62939

    D.o.b:-03-21-1951

    Bank NAme:- SIU Credit Union

    Refund amount:- $1375

    Bank Portal request

    call at 11:05am from a man. When I couldn't hear him and he found out I was in car, he said he would call back later. 

    11:30am I received an email saying it was Microsoft and they were no longer had contract and needed to refund my money. 1350 dollars. Then they gave me all above info and wanted me to login to my bank and they were going to transfer 1375 dollars into my account. I refused and told them to keep the money.

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-05-21T19:25:55+00:00

    Well, it May 21 now and they're still at it. I got a call this morning- from a Hindu lady-who said MIcrosoft no longer in business and offering a $399 refund 

    I hung up without answering  While I could use the money,  I have no need for another scam.   There oughta be a law...

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-04-09T23:34:11+00:00

    04 09 19 - just got call at 7:30pm, office phone, to call 844 262 4015 -- microsoft shutting down, etc... So they are still doing it...

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-02-02T00:01:50+00:00

    Received numerous phone calls from the following phone number 1-844-386-8965 stating that because Microsoft was no longer going to provide technical support, that I was entitled to a refund.  Today, I decided to call this pestering caller.  When I asked how much the refund was, the gentlemen with an Indian accent said that the refund was $300.00.  He request that I start my computer and that we could proceed with moving forward with getting the refund.  He wanted to get access to my computer.  He said it would take about 15 minutes to get this refund process done.  I told him that I did not have time to stay on the computer for 15 minutes since I had an appointment.  He said he would be glad to call me back at a time that I specified.  I said good bye and have not returned their call.  I caution anyone receiving this type of phone call that it is very likely a SCAM.  

    It is a 100% Scam.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments