260ci WIA Driver USB problem

Anonymous
2018-04-18T16:58:51+00:00

What is this?  Under device manager, Imaging Devices,  shows orange exclamation mark; tried to update but here is information under Properties: 

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device.

Device ROOT\IMAGE\0001 was deleted.

Class Guid: {6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}

I also tried troubleshooting under Hardware & Devices but problem is unresolved. Can I uninstall this?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2018-04-18T18:11:29+00:00

Hi Winnie5560,

In Device Manager, right click that device and choose 'Disable' - don't uninstall it as Windows will just re-install it.

That should stop the popups you are getting !!

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-11-11T12:04:35+00:00

    Thank you for your reply. It was a kyocera a printer driver. in the meantime I have sold the problem by disabling the device.

    Hella

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2018-11-09T20:05:22+00:00

    Hi Fayeah,

    That is a Realtek USB and PCIe Media Card Reader . . .

    Go to the Support Page for your device on the Manufacturers Website, then download and install the device driver for that device . . .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-11-09T09:26:22+00:00

    Hi Winnie,

    That guid refers to a camera or more likely a scanner . ..

    Right click that device in Device Manager, choose Properties

    Click on the Details Tab and change the Property Drop down to Hardware ID's

    Right click the top line in the resulting list and choose Copy

    Paste that line in here and I will help with identifying that device . . .

    Help please! Thank you! 

    here's the hardware id

    usb\vid_0482&pid_061d&mi_01

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-10-17T15:43:07+00:00

    I just had the same problem and asked Microsoft Customer Service and 

    support. I believe they just did it. The popups stopped. 

    But I don`t know what it is and what it does!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments