Unfortunately I do not since I don’t use my scanner that often. I have been resorting to recycling the scan software and turning the machine on/off. All suggestions so far have not worked. Not being a power user, I can only speculate as too what is causing the problem. I have my suspicions that it is a buffering overload which is reset by reconnecting the scanner to the computer (switching power switch on/off) and restarting the scan software. If I knew where the buffer problem resides I perhaps could increase the buffer size. The problems keeps changing symptoms. Sometimes all I need to do is unconnect the USB 2.0 and reconnect and I resume scanning a couple of cycles. But now that too quite working. I am back to my old V700 scanner power in on and off.
Why is my Epson Scanner freezing after upgrading to Windows 10 Spring 2018
i can only scan once before My scan software locks and i then have to cycle the scanner off/on and restart my scan software for the next scan. This problem affects all my Epson devices that scan. I tried reinstalling manufacturers software.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2018-06-23T21:46:43+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-06-22T06:17:54+00:00 Hi everyone,
I have this problem too. I have tried everything I could to fix it, even swapped a new printer and it's still freezing. I called Espon company and was told that this issue is to do with the window 10 recent upgrade. What we can do now is either to call Microsoft to undo the windows upgrade or wait until the Espon team to get it fixed in a week roughly.
-
Anonymous
2018-06-21T21:35:42+00:00 Do u by chance know what update effected the epson software? If I know I can remove it myself
Thanks
-
Anonymous
2018-06-21T20:24:17+00:00 I had a different problem with Apple that caused something not to work anymore . . . At least until there was so many complaints that the problem got fixed. Maybe this is the way manufacturers communicate there intentions to no longer support a particular software/ hardware. I wish they were more transparent in there intentions so I know not to purchase or continuing to use software or hardware at the end of its lifecycle.
-
Anonymous
2018-06-21T20:17:47+00:00 I noticed that the Epson EXE Scan is 32 bit software. Maybe that is an issue. I deleted and reinstalled the most current Epson scan software. Now after each scan, I get a message that my Windows 10 Pc is unable to communicate with my Epson Expression XP-830 multi-function printer. If I unplug my USB (version 2.0) and reconnect I can resume scanning after being presented with a Epson Test page window. My 7-8 year old Epson Photo scanner V700 is a lost cause.