Why is my Epson Scanner freezing after upgrading to Windows 10 Spring 2018

Anonymous
2018-05-23T11:36:11+00:00

i can only scan once before My scan software locks and i then have to cycle the scanner off/on and restart my scan software for the next scan.   This problem affects all my Epson devices that scan.  I tried reinstalling manufacturers software.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-06-13T13:48:56+00:00

    still not fixed in the latest OS patch: June 12, 2018—KB4284835 (OS Build 17134.112)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-06-10T16:06:54+00:00

    I deinstalled and reinstalled as described by E for Excel . That seems to have worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-06-10T14:21:16+00:00

    I've the same issue.

    I sometimes see the Epson Scan window flickering and bouncing in the background.

    When Epson Scan freezes I've to restart the WIA service and restart/replug my Epson scanner to make it work again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-10T14:06:00+00:00

    Thanks. I’ll give it a try.  Lately my Epson Perfection V700seems to be working...most of the time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-06-03T04:00:06+00:00

    Same issue I got here, with 1803 build and latest Epson suit.

    Any update now? It's not solved yet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments