Exactly the same specs as mine. XPS 9550 and Arctis 3. Until now, windows sonic still greyed out. Not sure, it is windows or hardware issues..
Spatial sound is not available on this device
Hi,
I have a Lenovo 710S-131KB.
Windows 10 64bit
Version 1703
OS Build 15063.674
My problem is that I can't enable the spatial sound "windows sonic". I did not get the dolby atmos for headphones. I only want to enable the windows sonic function.
The option is grey in colour. Hence, I can't select a spatial sound format.
Can someone help me please?
Thanks in advance!
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2019-01-06T00:47:03+00:00 -
Anonymous
2019-01-01T22:54:23+00:00 Hello, I have read through all of the posts in this problem thread as of January 1, 2019, and I still can't enable Windows Spatial Sound. I have a Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop which is running on the latest version of Windows 10 (Windows 10, version 1809), and my current audio driver is Realtek High Definition Audio. Originally, my audio driver was Realtek Audio, and while I had this driver, I updated to all of the latest versions of the driver and Windows itself, following through with all of the necessary restarts. However, this still didn't work, and after looking through some suggestions, it seemed as if users with Realtek High Definition Audio had greater odds of success. I installed Realtek High Definition Audio in spite of it not being the most up-to-date according to Microsoft but to no avail. Furthermore, I have mono disabled, and I already tried @Deepak kehal's suggestion of turning off the "Let Apps Use My Microphone" setting andfor Other Devices as well.
I do not have Dolby Atmos or DTS Sound Unbound. I only ever use my headphones or my laptop's default built-in speakers. In the "Manage Audio Devices" tab in settings, there are only three total devices: one output device which is Headphones/Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio), one input device which is the Microphone (also Realtek High Definition Audio), and finally, Stereo Mix, which is disabled (RHDA). For Headphones/Speakers, I have disabled absolutely all Enhancements in the Sound Settings from the Control Panel. Just so you know, this is what it looks like when I try to enable Spatial Sound:
Just in case this information is important, I'm currently using the Steelseries Arctis 3 headset, which uses a 3.5 mm headphone jack, which used tohave a surround sound software designed for these kinds of headphones but was discontinued as of recently. The software that was discontinued is called Steelseries 7.1 Surround Sound, and it specifically said that it was having compatibility issues with Windows 10 and Spatial Sound, hence the discontinuation.
I would really love to stop dealing with this problem and enjoy some sweet, free, non-third-party surround sound. Thank you very much in advance.
-
Anonymous
2019-01-01T00:20:52+00:00 Seems a lot of folks with this problem.. at least those that purchased the Dolby Atmos Plug in.
Perhaps it is being part of the group that gets 'early' builds, but this hasn't work for some time and now there is a new 'future' option of DTS Sound Unbound -which isn't available but appears to be yet another plug in that will be sold.
Hopefully someone will resolve the Dolby Atmos Surround issue (yes up to date, yes old drivers and latest drivers tried, and yes Turn on 7.1 Surround Sound is grayed out).
-
Anonymous
2018-12-25T22:35:19+00:00 Hi,
I have been through all the above and I am still unable to turn on Dolby Atmos for Headphones for my headphones. What should I do. My computer is fully updated windows 10
-
Anonymous
2018-11-26T06:40:44+00:00 I have the same issue, but I'm on a brand new Dell XPS: The only choice to select from is "Off" (and sound is Mono too). However, I noticed that this happens only when I use the Bluetooth headset; if I connect a wired headset instead, everything works fine and I can choose either of these two options: "Windows Sonic for Headphones" or "Dolby Atmos for Headphones". Why is that, and how do I get the Bluetooth headset to work like the wired headset? Thx
Hello,
The Spatial Sound feature in Windows 10 is disabled by default. To enable it, follow these steps:
- In the notification area, right-click on the sound icon.
- In the context menu, click on Playback devices.
- Select your playback device and then click on Properties.
- Click on the Spatial sound tab.
- Select the Spatial sound format you want to apply.
If you have any questions or things you'd like to clarify, feel free to ask
Regards.