Spatial sound is not available on this device

Anonymous
2017-10-19T14:01:07+00:00

Hi,

I have a Lenovo 710S-131KB.

Windows 10  64bit

Version 1703

OS Build 15063.674

My problem is that I can't enable the spatial sound "windows sonic". I did not get the dolby atmos for headphones. I only want to enable the windows sonic function.

The option is grey in colour. Hence, I can't select a spatial sound format.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks in advance!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-08-04T22:14:41+00:00

    Ha the same problem before...

    Try turning off mono audio in ease of access audio settings. as soon as i did this it fixed my problem of not being able to select a spacial sound format. Allowed me to use Dolby atmos or windows sonic. 

    Hopefully this helps someone

    Thanks Bro. It has been solved. Thanks to you sir,you are my lord. Thank you very much. Wish you have a nice day man.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-06-18T10:26:39+00:00

    i do not see an option on the tab it says"off" and when I pull it down it says the same.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-05-27T17:15:52+00:00

    Hey guys, I got an answer from the audio team from Microsoft. They said in the latest Windows Insider Build (Fast Ring) they have a potential fix. I updated and so far so good. Sometimes on start up as before it switches to Stereo or 7.1 but I could always go back to Dolby Atmos for Home Theater.

    If you still have a problem, test the newest Insider Build. I will report back if the error will come back with this version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-04-22T19:59:25+00:00

    I had the same problem several times... What I did was to install dolby atmos for headphones (the trial version) and then windows sonic became available again. After a while the same problem occurred and I just uninstalled dolby atmos and windows sonic became available again and so on... I know it sounds stupid but it actually worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-11-07T11:13:09+00:00

    We appreciate your feedback. Our Microsoft Engineers would appreciate this valuable observation. We encourage you to submit this as a feedback in our Windows Feedback Hub application for us to have better visibility on what we need to work with our products and services. You can report this issue or upvote an existing feedback item by following the steps provided on this link.

    Help us make Windows better.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments