Spatial sound is not available on this device

Anonymous
2017-10-19T14:01:07+00:00

Hi,

I have a Lenovo 710S-131KB.

Windows 10  64bit

Version 1703

OS Build 15063.674

My problem is that I can't enable the spatial sound "windows sonic". I did not get the dolby atmos for headphones. I only want to enable the windows sonic function.

The option is grey in colour. Hence, I can't select a spatial sound format.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks in advance!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-02-10T02:29:32+00:00

    Same issue, My dolby atmos and windows sonic just randomly greyed out.  They were working a few days ago, no driver or any updates to the sound.  I do have a dell system as well.  Corsair dolby atmos headphones. NOTHING has worked. This thread or anywhere else I've found nothing to work.  This really sucks and it's about time we get a Dolby or MS response to this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-01-06T01:28:35+00:00

    Mine is grayed out when I use a USB headset with external sound processor. When I use my laptop's internal sound processor (direct 3.5mm jack), spatial sounds are enabled.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-12-26T02:49:05+00:00

    So yeah i jave also tried everything and it never worked until i deleted my sound driver from my laptop and reinstalled i totally remover the files and reinstalled but make sure before you do so you have a source to reinstall the drivers after yo7 have deleted restart the pc and then you wont have sound ans when you reinstall drivers you will get the sound but sometimes you still may not have spatial sound so what you do is now restart pc ans the connect a headphone it takes sometime and then you have spatial sound in the device manager option 

    I usually have to restart my pc most times if i need to enable spatial sound

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-11-18T20:55:14+00:00

    THANK YOU SO MUCH @Deepak kehal

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-10-27T20:43:05+00:00

    I got a Plantronics RIG 500e. It comes with both USB and 3.5mm, which Dobly Atmos for Headphones and Windows Sonic for Headphones work. None works for USB mode. I swear Spatial Sound works with USB before.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments