Spatial sound is not available on this device

Anonymous
2017-10-19T14:01:07+00:00

Hi,

I have a Lenovo 710S-131KB.

Windows 10  64bit

Version 1703

OS Build 15063.674

My problem is that I can't enable the spatial sound "windows sonic". I did not get the dolby atmos for headphones. I only want to enable the windows sonic function.

The option is grey in colour. Hence, I can't select a spatial sound format.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks in advance!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-11-20T14:48:50+00:00

    I had a similar problem with my astro mixamp TR, the "Windows Sonic" option was greyed out, even though the mixamp TR is advertised as compatible with Windows Sonic. In my case, I was able to fix it by selecting "Open Sound Settings", and inspecting the output device I found "Headphones (Astro MixAmp Pro Game)" was selected by default, but there was also an option "Headset Earphone (2- Astro MixAmp Pro Voice)". Selecting the latter made it possible to enable Windows Sonic.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-02-18T16:14:35+00:00

    Hello,

    I had the same problem but I think I got the reason behind it.

    Your Lenovo PC comes with 

    Audio JBL^®^ Stereo Speakers with Dolby^®^ Audio Premium

    so the updated audio driver in your PC disables the spatial sound.

    When you check the speaker properties you can see JBL tab in it (HARMAN in my case, Lenovo Ideapad 510).

    If you want the spacial sound in your PC, you will have to roll back your driver to the oldest version i.e without audio driver update.

    But I think the default provider in Lenovo PCs, JBL in your case, is also good.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-28T17:54:40+00:00

    I agree with your statement, I am encountering the same issue and tried everything. I also purchased the dolbly atmos and still not able to select anything in the spatial sound tab?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-09-14T02:47:34+00:00

    This happened to me when I install Nx 3D. Before that, I could use Dolby Access by choosing the spatial sound. I have tried reinstall sound driver, windows but it didn't work at all. I hope someone could help me out. Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-07-05T05:25:05+00:00

    Hi Ishan Sharma20000,

    There could be a number of factors as to why you are experiencing issues with Spatial sound. To help resolve your concern, you have to make sure that that the Exclusive mode, which grants access to third-party tools, is enabled. To do this, follow the steps below:

    1. On the lower right side of your desktop, right-click the Sound icon.
    2. Select Playback device.
    3. Right-click your default Playback device and then choose Properties.
    4. Select Spatial sound tab.
    5. Choose Dolby Atmos from the drop-down menu. Click OK.
    6. Select the Advanced tab. Under Exclusive mode, place a checkmark next to Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device and Give exclusive application priority options. Click OK.
    7. Restart your computer to apply the changes.

    Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

    Thank U for reply, I appreciate ur quick reply but unfortunately it isn't helpful. 

    1 - In order to open Sounds Dialog Box u have to select Sounds option from notification area.

    2 - After opening that Sound tab, went into properties as u can see in screenshot, selected spatial sound but again I m not lucky I can't select that option.

    3 - Acc to ur 6th point check boxes which u told me to choose were already selected from start when I installed Win 10.

    Again Thanks for reply, if u have any other suggestion I will be pleasured... :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments