Spatial sound is not available on this device

Anonymous
2017-10-19T14:01:07+00:00

Hi,

I have a Lenovo 710S-131KB.

Windows 10  64bit

Version 1703

OS Build 15063.674

My problem is that I can't enable the spatial sound "windows sonic". I did not get the dolby atmos for headphones. I only want to enable the windows sonic function.

The option is grey in colour. Hence, I can't select a spatial sound format.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks in advance!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-02-03T20:44:05+00:00

    2 of 2

    When you are in safe mode, perform a clean boot and restart your PC to normal mode to check if there are any changes. To perform clean boot, follow these steps:

    1. On the search bar, type msconfig and hit Enter.
    2. Check the check box Hide all Microsoft services, click on Disable all and click OK.
    3. Under Startup tab, click on open Task Manager.
    4. Under startup tab in Task Manager, select the startup items and click Disable.
    5. Close Task Manager, under Startup tab of System Configuration, click OK.
    6. Restart PC.

    For more information regarding clean boot, refer to the article entitled "How to perform a clean boot in Windows".

    Note: Reset the computer back to Normal Mode once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" from the same article.

    Let us know how it goes.

    Regards.

    If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-07-05T05:27:32+00:00

    Ha the same problem before...

    Try turning off mono audio in ease of access audio settings. as soon as i did this it fixed my problem of not being able to select a spacial sound format. Allowed me to use Dolby atmos or windows sonic. 

    Hopefully this helps someone

    Hey, mono audio on my device is already deselected. But can u please tell me which headphones do u use for listening audio??? :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-08-23T15:02:08+00:00

    It's work. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-02-19T05:51:47+00:00

    Hello,

    I had the same problem but I think I got the reason behind it.

    Your Lenovo PC comes with 

    Audio JBL^®^ Stereo Speakers with Dolby^®^ Audio Premium

    so the updated audio driver in your PC disables the spatial sound.

    When you check the speaker properties you can see JBL tab in it (HARMAN in my case, Lenovo Ideapad 510).

    If you want the spacial sound in your PC, you will have to roll back your driver to the oldest version i.e without audio driver update.

    But I think the default provider in Lenovo PCs, JBL in your case, is also good.

      • -   - - -   - - -

    [quoted]

     Okay I to have Same problem ( You can see the Version and my Laptops Sound cards version Down below)  In my Laptop I saw that Driver and it Works perfectly with the Old Windows 10 Pro Version 1607(Anniversary Update) But After the Version 1703(Creators Update) itself It's Not working Instead it shows the Tab Spatial Sound But Whenever I tries to Click Dolby Atmos for Headphones and Click Okay Its say "Something went wrong While trying to Turn on Spatial sound " And 7.1 virtual Surround Check box went Grey and Now I have 1709(Falls creator Update) Version of Windows10 Pro So What can I Do?  Here are Some Pictures So please Help me Buddy !!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-02-03T20:43:28+00:00

    Hi Joseph,

    Based on the details provided on this thread, I recommend that you update your drivers and see if there are any changes. To update your driver, follow these steps:

    1. On the search bar, type Device Manager.
    2. Expand the selected driver that you want to update.
    3. Right-click and choose Update Driver.
    4. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    5. If Windows cannot find any driver update, download and install the driver from your manufacturer's website.

    For more information regarding how to update your drivers, kindly refer to the article entitled "Update drivers in Windows 10".

    If your drivers are already updated, access Device Manager > under Action, select scan for hardware changes.

    If the issue persists, check if the issue occur in safe mode. To access safe mode, there are two ways to start your PC in safe mode, first is from the Settings and second is from the sign-in screen. To access safe mode, follow these steps:

    From Settings:

    1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Update & Security.
    3. Select Recovery and click on Restart Now.
    4. In Choose an option screen, select Trouble shoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
    5. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe mode and 5 or F5 for safe mode with networking.

    From the sign-in screen:

    1. Hold the Shift key + Power > Restart.
    2. In Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
    3. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe mode and 5 or F5 for safe mode with networking.

    For more information regarding how to access safe mode, refer to the article entitled "Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10".

    1 of 2

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments