Spatial sound is not available on this device

Anonymous
2017-10-19T14:01:07+00:00

Hi,

I have a Lenovo 710S-131KB.

Windows 10  64bit

Version 1703

OS Build 15063.674

My problem is that I can't enable the spatial sound "windows sonic". I did not get the dolby atmos for headphones. I only want to enable the windows sonic function.

The option is grey in colour. Hence, I can't select a spatial sound format.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks in advance!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-11-20T18:14:43+00:00

    Thank you for your time and response. Peace and blessings to you. Happy holidays.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-06-23T04:29:51+00:00

    Hi Ishan Sharma20000,

    There could be a number of factors as to why you are experiencing issues with Spatial sound. To help resolve your concern, you have to make sure that that the Exclusive mode, which grants access to third-party tools, is enabled. To do this, follow the steps below:

    1. On the lower right side of your desktop, right-click the Sound icon.
    2. Select Playback device.
    3. Right-click your default Playback device and then choose Properties.
    4. Select Spatial sound tab.
    5. Choose Dolby Atmos from the drop-down menu. Click OK.
    6. Select the Advanced tab. Under Exclusive mode, place a checkmark next to Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device and Give exclusive application priority options. Click OK.
    7. Restart your computer to apply the changes.

    Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-06-22T16:57:23+00:00

    Hello Paulo,

    We still can't identify the possible causes of this spatial sound format issue you're experiencing. For us to isolate and assist you better with this, kindly answer the following questions:

    • Is this the first time you experience this issue?
    • Can you tell us the error messages, if there's any?
    • Have you also tried updating your drivers?

    Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the audio troubleshooter in this link. It will diagnose and provide a remedy for the sound issues.

    We look forward to your reply.

    Dear Sir/Mam, I m using Dell Inspiron 15R 5521 nd I m also not able to use that option I m inserting an image to show u guys how it looks like.

    Thank U.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-07T12:16:06+00:00

    Yes I am having a similar issue with my Dell Inspirion 5558, but a little diffrent.  I can use Spaitial Sound/Adobe Atmos when I use my Bluetooth Headphones, but as soon as I plug in my 3.5mm headphone port Spatial Sound is greyed out/no longer available.  Can someone please help me figure this out.  My Dell has Window's 10 and has no mods, such as sound card/video card etc.  Dell Inspiron 5558 Signature Edition.  Intel i5-4210u CPU 1.7GHZ

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-05-03T04:08:23+00:00

    i have the same problem with a dell experion 15 5000 gaming laptop. The problem is, the speakers and headphones are treated as one device instead of two seperate devices so spatial sound cant be enabled.  I have it enabled on my dell desktop, so that i can use dolby access for headphones or windows sonic.  Is there a specific fix for this, i already tried updating the driver.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments