KERNELBASE.dll Corrupted

Anonymous
2018-01-02T23:32:20+00:00

Hello,

I have been having several games crashing in Steam, I contacted support for one of the games, and after sending them "DxDiag/MSInfo " files, they told me Kernelbase.dll was corrupt. They advised me to run "sfc /scannow", and it said that it "did not find any integrity violations". I also ran the command “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and it said 'the restore operation completed successfully" I tried running the system in Clean Boot and that did not fix the issue. I tried running “regsvr32 KERNELBASE.dll” and got the message  "the module "kernelbase.dll" was loaded but the entry point Dllregisterserver was not found. Make sure that "kernelbase.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again."

I tried to do a system restore but could not find a restore point from before the problem started.

I would appreciate your help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-17T01:45:20+00:00

    I still have not received any further help on this issue

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-17T01:18:52+00:00

    Hi Patrick,

    We have noticed that the post has been inactive for quite some time. We'd like to confirm if the steps provided by Kris Ver about performing an in-place upgrade resolved the issue.   

    If so, we highly encourage you to inform our Community by clicking on Yes or marking her post as the answer. This will help other members who may have the same issue as you. Otherwise, don't hesitate to update us so we can further assist you.   

    Should you require further assistance, just don't hesitate to let us know.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-13T10:46:40+00:00

    Thanks for letting us know, Patrick.

    In this case, let's try to fix this by performing an In-Place Upgrade to clean up your system. To do this, here's an article created by PaulSey.... It's a step-by-step guide to ensure that this procedure is properly done for us to rectify your issue.

    You can also check this videothat we uploaded in YouTube for a visual step-by-step guide on how to do an In-Place upgrade.

    Should you have any other concerns, don’t hesitate to let us know.

    Bump

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2018-01-06T11:02:13+00:00

    I downloaded the file and ran it, and as soon as it runs it says "Thank you for updating to the latest version of Windows 10" so I guess I already have the latest version installed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments