KERNELBASE.dll Corrupted

Anonymous
2018-01-02T23:32:20+00:00

Hello,

I have been having several games crashing in Steam, I contacted support for one of the games, and after sending them "DxDiag/MSInfo " files, they told me Kernelbase.dll was corrupt. They advised me to run "sfc /scannow", and it said that it "did not find any integrity violations". I also ran the command “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and it said 'the restore operation completed successfully" I tried running the system in Clean Boot and that did not fix the issue. I tried running “regsvr32 KERNELBASE.dll” and got the message  "the module "kernelbase.dll" was loaded but the entry point Dllregisterserver was not found. Make sure that "kernelbase.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again."

I tried to do a system restore but could not find a restore point from before the problem started.

I would appreciate your help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-02-01T22:24:34+00:00

    Sure.  Should there be an update about the clean installation process, you can post the result on this thread.

    Let us know should you have other concerns.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-02-01T16:13:01+00:00

    Yeah, I thought it might come down to this. I'll have to back up my files and then do the install. I'll post back on the results after I do it. 

    Thanks to everybody for the help, especially kjl1956

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-02-01T06:18:23+00:00

    The x86 version is for 32 bit Windows Operating System and the x64 version is for the 64bit Windows Operating System. However if you've downloaded and run both files and the issue still persists, we recommend that you contact the game developer or visit their support site to check for a newer patch of the affected game and also for further support.

    On the other hand, if you wish to further troubleshoot the issue, our next option is to perform a clean install and re-install the affected application. Only choose this option as a last resort because it will delete your personal data from the device. It's a good idea to back up your files before performing the clean install and to do this, you can follow the steps provided on this link. Once you're done, you can refer to this Forum Article created by community MVP Andre da Costa on how to perform a clean install.

    Feel free to post back should you encounter any challenges along the process.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments