KERNELBASE.dll Corrupted

Anonymous
2018-01-02T23:32:20+00:00

Hello,

I have been having several games crashing in Steam, I contacted support for one of the games, and after sending them "DxDiag/MSInfo " files, they told me Kernelbase.dll was corrupt. They advised me to run "sfc /scannow", and it said that it "did not find any integrity violations". I also ran the command “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and it said 'the restore operation completed successfully" I tried running the system in Clean Boot and that did not fix the issue. I tried running “regsvr32 KERNELBASE.dll” and got the message  "the module "kernelbase.dll" was loaded but the entry point Dllregisterserver was not found. Make sure that "kernelbase.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again."

I tried to do a system restore but could not find a restore point from before the problem started.

I would appreciate your help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-22T00:51:46+00:00

    Under "Set Physx Configuration" Physx processor was set to (Auto Select), there are "Geforce GT 755M" and "CPU", I selected "Geforce GT 755M".

    Under "Manage 3D Settings" Preferred Graphics Processor was set to (Auto Select), there are "High-performance NIVIDIA Processor" and "Integrated Graphics", I selected "High-performance NIVIDIA Processor"

    I deleted all the mods and deleted the saves, I created a new drive and am now downloading the game to it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-22T00:36:25+00:00

    Nvidia physx is off and should be on.

    There are 3 gpu's, nvidia, intel and microsoft basic display driver, 

    the game should be using the nvidia card.

    A post on reddit here on one mod that could be causing the issue  

    https://www.reddit.com/r/xcom2mods/comments/70xp1y/game\_crashes\_without\_a\_hint\_why/

    Is the game or any mod's installed to an online source, onedrive ? check from within steam.

    I would first try to disable uninstall one mod at a time.

    Did you have the issues on the base game or  only with the dlc ?

    Also check here

     https://steamcommunity.com/app/268500/discussions/0/1474221865191638036/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-21T17:17:18+00:00

    Ok, 

    my screen resolution is 1366x768

    it's a laptop, so  one screen

    I tried to run compatibility troubleshooter for both games, then selected to try compatibility settings, it recommended to try in windows 8 compatibility mode for both, I tested that but it didn't work, still had the same problems for both of them that I was having before. I already tried verifying the integrity before and that didn't fix it.

    I copied the log file for the crash at the bottom if you can make any sense out of it. It says in the log file that it is unable to find the game exe in the steam folder, and I actually did not find it either when I opened the folder. I'm going to try to delete all mods, the saves, and delete and reinstall the game, though I already tried that before and the game is 70GBs so takes a long time to download. :(

    [spoiler]

    Log: Log file open, 01/21/18 20:58:08

    Init: WinSock: version 1.1 (2.2), MaxSocks=32767, MaxUdp=65467

    Log:  ... running in INSTALLED mode

    DevConfig: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ....\Engine\Config\ConsoleVariables.ini

    Init: Version: 8917

    Init: Epic Internal: 0

    Init: Compiled (64-bit): Dec 13 2017 03:36:28

    Init: Changelist: 1100000

    Init: Command line: -FROMLAUNCHER -noRedScreens -review -crashdumpwatcher -LANGUAGE=INT

    Init: Base directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XCom2-WarOfTheChosen\Binaries\Win64\

    Init: FxsChangelist: 326249

    Init: SeekfreeLoading: 1

    Init: Platform: PCConsole

    Init: TitleId: 268500

    [0000.18] Init: Computer: LENOVO-PC

    [0000.18] Init: User: LENOVO

    [0000.18] Init: CPU Page size=4096, Processors=8

    [0000.18] Init: High frequency timer resolution =2.338344 MHz

    [0000.18] Init: Memory total: Physical=15.9GB (16GB approx) Pagefile=18.3GB Virtual=131072.0GB

    [0000.24] Log: STEAMWORKS initialized 1

    [0000.24] Log: Initializing Steamworks

    [0000.24] Init: Presizing for 130000 objects not considered by GC, pre-allocating 0 bytes.

    [0000.24] Init: Object subsystem initialized

    [0000.24] DevConfig: (System) 'Default__System' loading configuration from ....\XComGame\Config\XComEngine.ini

    [0000.24] DevConfig:    Loading value for SeekFreePCPaths from [Core.System]

    [0000.24] DevConfig:    Loading value for SeekFreePCExtensions from [Core.System]

    [0000.24] DevConfig:    Loading value for CutdownPaths from [Core.System]

    [0000.24] DevConfig:    Loading value for LocalizationPaths from [Core.System]

    [0000.24] DevConfig:    Loading value for TextureFileCacheExtension from [Core.System]

    [0000.24] DevConfig:    Loading value for Extensions from [Core.System]

    [0000.24] DevConfig:    Loading value for Suppress from [Core.System]

    [0000.24] DevConfig:    Loading value for FRScriptPaths from [Core.System]

    [0000.24] DevConfig:    Loading value for ScriptPaths from [Core.System]

    [0000.24] DevConfig:    Loading value for Paths from [Core.System]

    [0000.24] DevConfig:    Loading value for ScreenShotPathOverride from [Core.System]

    [0000.24] DevConfig:    Loading value for CacheExt from [Core.System]

    [0000.24] DevConfig:    Loading value for CachePath from [Core.System]

    [0000.24] DevConfig:    Loading value for SavePath from [Core.System]

    [0000.24] DevConfig:    Loading value for AsyncIOBandwidthLimit from [Core.System]

    [0000.24] DevConfig:    Loading value for PackageSizeSoftLimit from [Core.System]

    [0000.24] DevConfig:    Loading value for MaxOverallCacheSize from [Core.System]

    [0000.24] DevConfig:    Loading value for MaxStaleCacheSize from [Core.System]

    [0000.24] DevConfig:    Loading value for StaleCacheDays from [Core.System]

    [0000.24] Log: Overriding lang INT w/ command-line option of INT

    [0001.28] Log: Caching packages from path ....\XComGame\CookedPC: 5737 packages

    [0001.30] DevDataBase: Connection to "Provider=sqloledb;Data Source=production-db;Initial Catalog=EngineTaskPerf;Trusted_Connection=Yes;Connection Timeout=2" or "10.1.20.20" failed

    [0001.30] Log: resX=1366, resY=768

    [0001.62] Log: Found D3D11 adapter 0: NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M

    [0001.62] Log: Adapter has 2019MB of dedicated video memory, 0MB of dedicated system memory, and 8148MB of shared system memory

    [0001.64] Log: Found D3D11 adapter 1: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

    [0001.64] Log: Adapter has 112MB of dedicated video memory, 0MB of dedicated system memory, and 2048MB of shared system memory

    [0001.64] Log: Found D3D11 adapter 2: Microsoft Basic Render Driver

    [0001.64] Log: Adapter has 0MB of dedicated video memory, 0MB of dedicated system memory, and 8148MB of shared system memory

    [0001.65] Log: Shader platform (RHI): PC-D3D-SM4

    [0001.67] Log: PhysX GPU Support: DISABLED

    [0001.68] Log: FaceFX 2015.2 (2152) initialized.

    [0001.96] Log: Video Settings

    [0001.96] Log: Mode: Fullscreen

    [0001.96] Log: Resolution: 1366 x 768

    [0001.96] Log: VSync: True

    [0001.96] Log: Graphics Settings

    [0001.96] Log: Anti-Aliasing: FXAA

    [0001.96] Log: AO: SSAO

    [0001.96] Log: Decals: High

    [0001.96] Log: LD Draw Distance: High

    [0001.96] Log: Shadows: All

    [0001.96] Log: Shadow Quality: Maximum

    [0001.96] Log: Texture Detail: Max

    [0001.96] Log: Texture Filtering: Aniso 16x

    [0001.96] Log: High Res Translucency: 1

    [0001.96] Log: Depth of Field: 1

    [0001.96] Log: Bloom: 1

    [0001.96] Log: Dirty Lens: 1

    [0001.96] Log: Subsurface Scattering: 1

    [0001.96] Log: Screenspace Reflections: 1

    [0002.15] Log: LoadAnIniFile was unable to find FilenameToLoad: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XCom2-WarOfTheChosen\Binaries\Win64....\XComGame\Config\DefaultPlaylist.ini 

    [0002.15] Log: LoadAnIniFile was unable to find FilenameToLoad: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XCom2-WarOfTheChosen\Binaries\Win64....\XComGame\Config\XComPlaylist.ini 

    [0004.44] Log: LoadAnIniFile was unable to find FilenameToLoad: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XCom2-WarOfTheChosen\Binaries\Win64....\XComGame\Config\DefaultWeb.ini 

    [0004.44] Log: LoadAnIniFile was unable to find FilenameToLoad: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XCom2-WarOfTheChosen\Binaries\Win64....\XComGame\Config\XComWeb.ini 

    [0006.34] Error: Corrupt texture [Texture2D XComEngineMaterials.borderGradientDashed]! Missing bulk data for MipIndex=0

    [0006.37] Log: 208206 objects as part of root set at end of initial load.

    [0006.37] Log: 0 out of 0 bytes used by permanent object pool.

    [0006.37] Log: Enum Cache created: 132708 bytes

    [0006.37] Log: Initializing Engine...

    [0006.37] Warning: Warning, Not a Portcullis build

    [0006.37] Warning: Warning, Using TBB Allocator

    [0006.37] Log: Redscreens disabled

    [0006.87] Log: Logged in as 'MAD_DOG'

    [0006.87] Log: Checking DLC installation for ../../XComGame/DLC/DLC_1 ...

    [0006.87] Log: IS INSTALLED : Anarchy's Children, YES

    [0006.88] Log: Checking DLC installation for ../../XComGame/DLC/DLC_2 ...

    [0006.88] Log: IS INSTALLED : Alien Hunters, YES

    [0006.89] Log: Checking DLC installation for ../../XComGame/DLC/DLC_3 ...

    [0006.89] Log: IS INSTALLED : Shen's Last Gift, YES

    [0006.90] Log: Checking DLC installation for ../../XComGame/DLC/XCom_DLC_Day0 ...

    [0006.90] Log: Removing : XCom_DLC_Day0

    [0006.90] Log: IS INSTALLED : Resistance Warrior Pack, NO

    [0006.90] Log: Checking DLC installation for C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\268500268500 ...

    [0006.90] Log: IS INSTALLED : , YES

    [0007.29] Log: FiraxisLive: UX2FiraxisLiveClient::Init - Using SHIPPING_PC_GAME

    [0007.29] Log: FiraxisLive: UX2FiraxisLiveClient::Init - Using USING_OZZY_PROJECT

    [0011.45] Warning: Warning, The Outer object (Package SulzDevXPACK.Cubes) for 'SulzDevXPACK.Cubes.PlayaSunriseFixed' couldn't be loaded [while loading package SulzDevXPACK]: Invalid linker index [couldn't load Package SulzDevXPACK.Cubes]?

    [0011.45] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'TextureCube SulzDevXPACK.Cubes.PlayaSunriseFixed': Failed to find object 'TextureCube SulzDevXPACK.Cubes.PlayaSunriseFixed'

    [0011.48] Log: Working around XDK XAudio2 regression: TRUE

    [0011.50] Log: Wwise(R) SDK Version 2016.1.6 Build 5926. Copyright (c) 2006-2012 Audiokinetic Inc. / All Rights Reserved.

    [0011.93] Critical: appError called: Assertion failed: appErrorf [File:G:\BuildAgent\work\ce3b64a62966ccd1\branches\ShippingOzzy\XCOM2\Development\Src\D3D11Drv\Src\D3D11Device.cpp] [Line: 762]

    This application cannot be run over a remote desktop configuration

    Stack: Address = 0x19efa3dc (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XCom2-WarOfTheChosen\Binaries\Win64\XCom2.exe]

    Address = 0x19efa578 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XCom2-WarOfTheChosen\Binaries\Win64\XCom2.exe]

    Address = 0x1a7e8440 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XCom2-WarOfTheChosen\Binaries\Win64\XCom2.exe]

    Address = 0x1a7fec30 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XCom2-WarOfTheChosen\Binaries\Win64\XCom2.exe]

    Address = 0x1a7f4b65 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XCom2-WarOfTheChosen\Binaries\Win64\XCom2.exe]

    Address = 0x1a7f7360 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XCom2-WarOfTheChosen\Binaries\Win64\XCom2.exe]

    Address = 0x1a22b667 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XCom2-WarOfTheChosen\Binaries\Win64\XCom2.exe]

    Address = 0x1a8ec8c8 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XCom2-WarOfTheChosen\Binaries\Win64\XCom2.exe]

    Address = 0x1a80adea (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XCom2-WarOfTheChosen\Binaries\Win64\XCom2.exe]

    Address = 0x1a80a6f7 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XCom2-WarOfTheChosen\Binaries\Win64\XCom2.exe]

    Address = 0x1a80a76a (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XCom2-WarOfTheChosen\Binaries\Win64\XCom2.exe]

    Address = 0x1a8130a3 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XCom2-WarOfTheChosen\Binaries\Win64\XCom2.exe]

    Address = 0x1adee083 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XCom2-WarOfTheChosen\Binaries\Win64\XCom2.exe]

    Address = 0x811b1fe4 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.DLL]

    Address = 0x8214efb1 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]

    Address = 0x8214efb1 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]

    [0011.93] Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)

    [0011.98] Log: GIsGuarded is true

    [0011.98] Log: Crash Detected: Dumping C:\Users\LENOVO\Documents\My Games\XCOM2 War of the Chosen\Binaries\Win64....\XComGame\Logs\XCom-LENOVO-PC-CL326249-2018.01.21-20.58.20-Crash\XCom-LENOVO-PC-CL326249-2018.01.21-20.58.20_Minidump.dmp

    [0011.98] Log: Crash: GettingNameData

    [0011.98] Log: Suspending Threads

    [0012.02] Log: Writing Minidmp

    [0012.54] Log: Crash: Saving Names Array

    [0012.54] Log: Crash: Saving Names Array Data

    [0012.54] Log: Dumping name table: (2061976)

    [0012.54] Log: Dumping name table: 0x80344000 (2061976)

    [0012.54] Log: Crash: Saving Names Array Blocks

    [0012.54] Log: Crash: Saving Objects Array

    [0012.54] Log: Crash: Saving Objects Array Data

    [0012.54] Log: Crash: Saving Objects

    [0013.68] Log: Waking Threads

    [0051.93] Log: Crash: appSendCrashTelemetry

    [0051.93] Log: CRASH: Copying Log

    [/spoiler]

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-19T02:23:07+00:00

    Sorry, I didn't get you.

    When you say I need 1 more drive, does that mean that an external would not work and I need to create a new partition?  I'm not really sure what gpt format is.

    Now i have other games installed on C drive from steam and they work fine. These two games were working fine when I purchased them, I tried launching them and they worked, but a couple of weeks later when I tried to launch them they were not working. Other games that I had from before them and I purchased after them are all still working, so I'm not sure if the cause is from my computer or from the games, though I'm having different issues with each have on launch, communicating with the assistance for one game they told me about the corrupt dll. 

    One game is crashing on launch, those were the ones I spoke to. The other is launching, but the game window is invisible and the mouse is frozen in the corner off the screen, but i can hear music from the game, and the mouse works when I alt-tab back to the desktop. I'm not sure if it's the same issue for both of them. 

    Now I can backup my data and format the pc to fix these issues, but of course, I'd rather not and hope I'm able to fix it without resorting to that. 

    1 more drive if possible you could move your games to that drive.

    GPT partition scheme gives you the full size of drives above 2tb and no need to split the partitions using mbr disk layout.

    What is your native screen size, how many monitors displays are connected, how many gpu's cards chips and on cpu and is dsr active on any.

    Have you checked the exe parameters if compatibility mode is on, disable high dpi scaling is active.

    In steam select properties, local files, browse local files, on the exe, right click,select  properties, compatibility; check each one, post your findings. 

    Other thing to try, steam, game properties, verify integrity of game files, see if it downloads the missing files.

    Question, what antivirus-firewall is installed ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-01-18T14:31:19+00:00

    Btw, sorry for the long posts, I'm just trying to include as much information as possible to help narrow down the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments