KERNELBASE.dll Corrupted

Anonymous
2018-01-02T23:32:20+00:00

Hello,

I have been having several games crashing in Steam, I contacted support for one of the games, and after sending them "DxDiag/MSInfo " files, they told me Kernelbase.dll was corrupt. They advised me to run "sfc /scannow", and it said that it "did not find any integrity violations". I also ran the command “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and it said 'the restore operation completed successfully" I tried running the system in Clean Boot and that did not fix the issue. I tried running “regsvr32 KERNELBASE.dll” and got the message  "the module "kernelbase.dll" was loaded but the entry point Dllregisterserver was not found. Make sure that "kernelbase.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again."

I tried to do a system restore but could not find a restore point from before the problem started.

I would appreciate your help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-28T12:08:59+00:00

    I'm not really sure how to run the prerequisites. I googled it and in one thread on steam, somebody said you should run redist. I searched the xcom folder and found vcredist_x86 and vcredist_x64 and ran them both. I also ran directx. I did not find any of these files in the Life is Strange folder.

    Is there and option in steam to analyze the system and also compare them to the game requirements for each game? because that's what I need I think.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-18T04:33:59+00:00

    Thank you for the update, Patrick.

    If the issue is within your operating system, this should have been already addressed after performing an in-place upgrade. Since the issue still persists, we'd like to verify if you have tried uninstalling and reinstall the said application to have a fresh start. Also, we'd like to know if there were updates provided by the developer of the program.

    We'll be looking forward to your response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-03T03:38:55+00:00

    Hi Patrick,

    We appreciate your efforts in providing us a detailed information about your concern. Sometimes, there are variety of malicious programs that can cause this error. We suggest starting your PC in safe mode and perform a full scan using your antivirus software.

    Once you boot your PC in safe mode, it will start Windows with a minimal set of drivers and services to help troubleshoot issues. For instructions on how to start PC in safe mode, please check this link.

    Note: If the issue doesn't reappear when you start your PC in safe mode, you can eliminate the default settings, basic device drivers and services as possible causes.

    Should you have any other concerns, don’t hesitate to let us know.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-05T00:08:23+00:00

    Thanks for letting us know, Patrick.

    In this case, let's try to fix this by performing an In-Place Upgrade to clean up your system. To do this, here's an article created by PaulSey.... It's a step-by-step guide to ensure that this procedure is properly done for us to rectify your issue.

    You can also check this videothat we uploaded in YouTube for a visual step-by-step guide on how to do an In-Place upgrade.

    Should you have any other concerns, don’t hesitate to let us know.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-01-04T03:44:16+00:00

    Hello,

    thank you for the reply. The solution might have not fixed the issue. While the games were crashing on launch before, this time they did launch, but they froze on a black screen after launching, one of them after displaying the credits. I'm not sure if launching in safe mode had fixed the issue only for another issue to affect them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments