Windows Live Mail Import Problem after Clean Install

Anonymous
2017-11-02T14:40:08+00:00

After I did the clean install etc. and got the windows live mail ready to import my email messages from my zip stick or whatever it is called.  I messed up and received email from my ISP.  Can I import my old emails now, or should I remove the emails from the ISP?   I do not want to mess anything up.

I want my OLD emails but I also want the new emails, can I do it?    Is there another free email program that MS offers?  If so will I be able to import my WLM emails to it?

Thanks!        CarrmasDad2

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-10T21:42:07+00:00

    I finally found it!!!!        You will find wininit using the Event Viewer  PLEASE BARE WITH ME,  You are sure teaching me, Thanks

    I got the following message after doing the search!

    I only have 9 programs installed!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-10T18:40:21+00:00

    Either you are not following my instructions or you have some different version Windows than I have seen.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-11-10T18:37:27+00:00

    The list is larger than can be displayed in this window, consequently you need to move the scroll bar down and take a 2nd snip shot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-11-10T18:30:05+00:00

    I waited an hour and not a thing.  Surely it does not take that long!!!!

    I am clicking on Applications and Service Logs, what am I doing wrong??????

    I have sent you snips of all of my programs in previous posts! What have I sent you that is wrong Please send me a snip of what you want.    Thanks CarrmasDad2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-11-10T17:20:38+00:00

    Please follow my explicit instructions.  They work, if you will simply follow them as written.

    You will find wininit using the Event Viewer

    1. Click the start globe (bottom left)
    2. Type event into the text box that pops up
    3. Click on Event viewer
    4. Click on Applications
    5. WAIT for the list to fill out, it can take some time
    6. It is a long list.  In the list you will find an event called wininit.  It will be posted at the time chkdsk completed.
    7. Double-click the Wininit event and it will display in a window.  You will have to use the scroll bar to see the entire report.

    To display a complete list of the programs installed in your computer:

    1. Click the start globe (bottom left)
    2. Control panel
    3. Uninstall a program
    4. wait for the list to fill out
    5. The list may be larger than what will display in the window, you have to use the scroll bar
    6. Use the snipping tool to capture a view of what is displayed in the window and save that picture.  You will likely need more than one picture.  Attach all of them to your next reply, please

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments