Windows Live Mail Import Problem after Clean Install

Anonymous
2017-11-02T14:40:08+00:00

After I did the clean install etc. and got the windows live mail ready to import my email messages from my zip stick or whatever it is called.  I messed up and received email from my ISP.  Can I import my old emails now, or should I remove the emails from the ISP?   I do not want to mess anything up.

I want my OLD emails but I also want the new emails, can I do it?    Is there another free email program that MS offers?  If so will I be able to import my WLM emails to it?

Thanks!        CarrmasDad2

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-10T16:51:15+00:00

    You will find wininit using the Event Viewer

    Just where is it?

    To display a complete list of the programs installed in your computer:

    I have done this in previous posts!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-10T15:54:42+00:00

    You will find wininit using the Event Viewer

    1. Click the start globe (bottom left)
    2. Type event into the text box that pops up
    3. Click on Event viewer
    4. Click on Applications
    5. WAIT for the list to fill out, it can take some time
    6. It is a long list.  In the list you will find an event called wininit.  It will be posted at the time chkdsk completed.
    7. Double-click the Wininit event and it will display in a window.  You will have to use the scroll bar to see the entire report.

    To display a complete list of the programs installed in your computer:

    1. Click the start globe (bottom left)
    2. Control panel
    3. Uninstall a program
    4. wait for the list to fill out
    5. The list may be larger than what will display in the window, you have to use the scroll bar
    6. Use the snipping tool to capture a view of what is displayed in the window and save that picture.  You will likely need more than one picture.  Attach all of them to your next reply, please

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-11-10T15:37:03+00:00

    I tried using the Snipping tool on the programs list, and I could not do it.  If it can be done please let me know how!  To get the following pictures I did Screen shots and cropped them.  Old expression  "More then one way to skin a cat"  The last picture is a Snip,

    I did not find Wininit!   Am I looking in the wrong place?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-11-10T01:04:41+00:00

    I am planning on offering you a solution that will take a lot of time but works for me every time.  I just need this information to base my advice on.

    Snips of the list of programs in the Program list are fine.

    Please use Event viewer again and find Wininit in the Application list.  Then snip it to display the results too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-11-10T01:00:11+00:00

    You are right, it took well over the hour!

    info from source.  Is there a better way to show the info?  If I placed the cursor over the 1/9/2017 shows 11/9/2017

    Please provide me with a COMPLETE list of every application program installed on your computer.   How can I get this?   Will snips be OK?

    I am starting to think the set up link for Windows Essentials and my computer do not like one another!        Thanks       CarrmasDad2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments