When you get a chance Please review the following snips. I really do appreciate you!
Hard drive A
Hard drive B
Hard drive C
Motherboard
Operating System
Many Thanks! CarrmasDad2
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
After I did the clean install etc. and got the windows live mail ready to import my email messages from my zip stick or whatever it is called. I messed up and received email from my ISP. Can I import my old emails now, or should I remove the emails from the ISP? I do not want to mess anything up.
I want my OLD emails but I also want the new emails, can I do it? Is there another free email program that MS offers? If so will I be able to import my WLM emails to it?
Thanks! CarrmasDad2
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I do not use OneDrive. Use the Snipping tool to take a "picture" of the results.
Many thanks for all of your excellent advice!!!! I turned the auto updates off already
Since my last post I have downloaded Speccy and have it in a zipped folder, how can I send it to you? A few year ago I used OneDrive to send Info but I have not done it since and to be honest I flat forget how to do it!
Thanks CarrmasDad2
If you were my client and brought me your computer with all that you have told me, here is what I would do. I would do this for you, but the circumstances are that I cannot. So, I will outline the procedure I would follow.
I should tell you at this point that it is my policy and for all my clients, that I do not allow Microsoft to update Windows any further after this installation. There are specific security updates that I do apply and after you have completed the process described below, I will offer you a specific list with links of those updates. But, please understand from the start that if you wish to follow my advice, it comes with the understanding that you will be setting Windows Update to the Never setting and leaving it there permanently.
Also, you asked my opinion on antivirus protection. Specifically, I favour Bitdefender Antivirus Plus. Please note well the exact title. I do not recommend any "Security suite". Only pure antivirus software.
Also you asked about my recommendation for a mail program. I recommend you use WLM 2012. When you get to the point that you are ready to install that program, I will offer you specific step by step for that.
My greatest concern at this point is that you follow the instructions I now offer precisely as described.
If you have any concerns or question before you begin or during the process, please do not hesitate to ask.
I would first buy a replacement hard drive. I would buy a 7200 rpm either 500 Gig or 1000 Gig (1Tb) replacement. Either WD or Seagate. I would likely buy a WD black which comes with a 5 yr warranty and is designed for long running.
New install tip:
After Windows 7, system drivers and all updates are installed and any stable applications like Microsoft Office are installed and updated, and before any data or dynamic applications are installed such as antivirus software, create a system image. It will take 3 or 6 DVD ***+***Rs (not -Rs) and about an hour. When you are done you will have a very nice bit of insurance. Should you ever again need to re-build a corrupted system or replace a hard drive, you will have a precise duplicate of your system as it was at this point. You can restore that image to a hard drive in about 20 minutes. Creation of System Image is found in your menu under Maintenance, Backup and Restore.
Another great feature about using the image is that you do not need an install disk or a product key to do the re-install the next time, and you will have saved yourself all the time you put in this time.
I emphasize the need for PLUS R DVD blanks. Do not use the more common MINUS R DVD blanks.
NOW, you can begin to install your programs, and not before this point.
Hi Canadian Tech Re: Your November 10 2017 post
After scrolling through the Applications I found the following info. I scrolled thru all of the events for the date of 11/8/2017 and Wininitis not there, do I need to run Chkdsk again?
The following is my list of 9 programs
please tell me what is going on!
At the bottom left corner when I open All Programs there is at least 20 listed!
Many Thanks CarrmasDad2