Intel Wireless Bluetooth not working

Anonymous
2018-01-02T00:34:24+00:00

I started my computer today and noticed I couldn't use my bluetooth devices. When I went to the Device Manager, I noticed my Intel Wireless Bluetooth was not working properly. The error message "This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE" displays in preferences. I've done the following already and still have the issue:

Disable and Enable the device

Check Windows update

Check device for updated driver software

Checked Intel for updated driver sofware

Run the Windows Bluetooth troubleshooter

Run the Windows Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

Uninstalled the device and driver software, rebooted and scanned for hardware changes to reinstall the device, reinstalled the driver software

I did that last one twice. The only thing I can get to happen is the device seems to cycle between "working properly" and the error message at least 20 times before finally deciding  "This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE"

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Network & internet

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-13T23:27:24+00:00

    I'm having the same issue.  I have tried both the "Generic Driver" & "Use unsigned drivers" suggestions to no avail.  Please advise.  I'm using a high end, less than 6 month old HP gaming computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-02-12T09:55:42+00:00

    Ok this one took me a little while to fix.

    The wife's PC uses blue tooth mouse and keyboard that suddenly stopped working one day. When i checked it had this exact same error that you have here. After following some of the posts that have replied to you and having no luck checked out the Intel website and installed their driver assistant app (https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/detect.html).

    The intel assistant told me that the Bluetooth drivers were up to date but theWifidrivers where not - updating this driver instead actually  fixed the error with the bluetooth

    My theory for why this worked is that Wifi & Bluetooth appeared to be on the same chip so when the driver versions for each don't match we get these errors.

    I hope this helps!

    Sorry i missed this reply previously it solved my issue too thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-09T15:11:56+00:00

    5/9/2018 Guess I will try to go back to 8.1.

    2018 has really sucked! The Creator Updates (1803) wiped out both of my HPs and then sporadic craziness such as BSOD and of course the lose of Intel Wireless Bluetooth...

    I do know Bluetooth worked while I was back in  WIN 8.1 yesterday (5/9/18) had to do a full reinstall on my beleaguered HP Envy but I lost Bluetooth in WIN 10 1803 sometime last night...

    I know Bluetooth was working for quite some time in the earlier WIN 10 v. 1703

    Looking forward to good news from anyone - REALLY hate to return to WIN 8.1 (9 days left to restore) but really need my  Bluetooth headphones to work!!!!

    Best wishes to all

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-03T15:48:26+00:00

    I did that yesterday. I'm thinking my card is fried.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-01-04T01:28:00+00:00

    Doing a System Restore or Re-installing Windows 10 using Windows installation media will be our last option, you must back-up all your files to make sure you will not lose important files. There is also a possibility that the card is no longer working as it should be, just likes what you have mentioned. You may also contact the manufacturer of your computer to have it check.

    Regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments