Great article on the subject: What Are Hardware Drivers, and Why Do They Cause So Many Problems?
https://www.howtogeek.com/415211/what-are-hardware-drivers-and-why-do-they-cause-so-many-problems/
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I started my computer today and noticed I couldn't use my bluetooth devices. When I went to the Device Manager, I noticed my Intel Wireless Bluetooth was not working properly. The error message "This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE" displays in preferences. I've done the following already and still have the issue:
Disable and Enable the device
Check Windows update
Check device for updated driver software
Checked Intel for updated driver sofware
Run the Windows Bluetooth troubleshooter
Run the Windows Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
Uninstalled the device and driver software, rebooted and scanned for hardware changes to reinstall the device, reinstalled the driver software
I did that last one twice. The only thing I can get to happen is the device seems to cycle between "working properly" and the error message at least 20 times before finally deciding "This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE"
Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Network & internet
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I wiped everything,still did not work.so I download some adapters.Nothing with the adapters,so I did the save power option for the quick start up on shutdown.NOTHING.Next day it work