Intel Wireless Bluetooth not working

Anonymous
2018-01-02T00:34:24+00:00

I started my computer today and noticed I couldn't use my bluetooth devices. When I went to the Device Manager, I noticed my Intel Wireless Bluetooth was not working properly. The error message "This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE" displays in preferences. I've done the following already and still have the issue:

Disable and Enable the device

Check Windows update

Check device for updated driver software

Checked Intel for updated driver sofware

Run the Windows Bluetooth troubleshooter

Run the Windows Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

Uninstalled the device and driver software, rebooted and scanned for hardware changes to reinstall the device, reinstalled the driver software

I did that last one twice. The only thing I can get to happen is the device seems to cycle between "working properly" and the error message at least 20 times before finally deciding  "This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE"

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Network & internet

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-09-08T20:26:26+00:00

    I have the same problem as described above. 1 minute it was working fine,then I updated the Intel chipset driver and it stopped working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-08-15T13:18:04+00:00

    my HP still down.  I already had .60 and upgraded to .70.  un real how this issue has just been largely ignored.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-08-02T21:41:25+00:00

    I thought I was the only one having this issue. My bluetooth devices worked but every few minutes, it would randomly stop working. I tried to reinstall the drivers and now the bluetooth doesn't work at all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-08-01T14:14:22+00:00

    I manage a small (30 Desktops) group and this issue is impacting us hard.  Had to set up workarounds for Ops to continue, already installed the latest Intel driver (.60) with no success.  Scanned all machines with Intel tool and found 'no updates needed'.

    This is ugly, Microsoft.  "re -install Windows' is not a valid solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-06-17T06:53:17+00:00

    My issue has been resolved since I updated to the new Intel Wireless Bluetooth driver two weeks ago. The driver version I have now is 20.50.1.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments