Thank you very much, Pieter. The commands you list work, unlike the stupid non-solutions from Microsoft's "help".
I agree with other people who have posted that this incessant automatic connection behavior of Windows 7+ is an absolute security risk, not to mention that if a neighbor had a non-secured router or printer operating that my computer connected to automatically
without my knowledge, I could be held liable for theft of service.
Hello,
I am IT challenged and these instructions are incomprehensible to me...
To deny all SSID not ALLOWED:
> netsh wlan add filter permission=denyall networktype=infrastructure
To Add Available Wireless Network to Block List:
> netsh wlan add filter permission=block ssid="SSID" networktype=infrastructure
To Remove Wireless Network from Block List:
> netsh wlan delete filter permission=block ssid="SSID" networktype=infrastructure
To Add Available Wireless Network to Allow List:
> netsh wlan add filter permission=allow ssid="SSID" networktype=infrastructure
To Remove Wireless Network from Allow List:
> netsh wlan delete filter permission=allow ssid="SSID" networktype=infrastructure
To Show all allowed:
> netsh wlan show filters permission=allow
For several of these commands I have created shortcuts in a WIFI Mgmt folder, like this:
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /s /k "netsh wlan show filters"
Could you, kindly, walk me through, step by step, moron proof style, on how and where to implement this solution?
As I said, I am completely IT challenged and, if at all possible, I would really appreciate your help and I am sure that many more here sugger the same problem and would benefit from a step by step guide!
I tried MS support hundreds of times to no avail and MS support seems incompetent as they offer solutions that do not work.
Tommaso