Do you think we send and receive an email without smtp and POP. Windows 10 mail uses smtp and POP. Take a look at this link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/windows-mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish
Windows 10 Mail Attachments - Download Failed
I am synching my outlook.com email across my desktop, tablet and windows phone. Over the past 3 weeks, the Windows 10 Mail app on each device shows the majority of (but not all) attachments as "Download Failed".
The attachments failing include, jpeg, pdf, docx, xlsx etc.
I am able to download the attachments manually from outlook.com.
It is not antivirus or firewall related, as I am running different options on the different devices.
Are others experiencing this issue and are there any known solutions.
***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***
Windows for home | Other | Email and communications
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2015-11-16T01:01:32+00:00 -
Anonymous
2015-11-14T20:01:44+00:00 Hi,
The issue is coming from your outgoing and incoming email servers. Check with your Internet provider and be sure to get from them the right SMTP and POP configuration.
GoodLuck
-
Anonymous
2015-11-14T19:46:36+00:00 How do you remove and reconfigure e-mail account in mail app exactly?
-
Anonymous
2015-11-12T09:49:17+00:00 Hello,
We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.
I suggest you to remove and reconfigure your e-mail account in Mail app and check if helps to resolve your issue.
Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.
Thank you.
-
Anonymous
2015-11-12T04:22:37+00:00 Yes, I can download from the main browser.
I only have my outlook.com account running through the Windows 10 app.
The troubleshooter does not identify any issues.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks