Windows 10 Mail Attachments - Download Failed

Anonymous
2015-11-11T05:32:31+00:00

I am synching my outlook.com email across my desktop, tablet and windows phone. Over the past 3 weeks, the Windows 10 Mail app on each device shows the majority of (but not all) attachments as "Download Failed".

The attachments failing include, jpeg, pdf, docx, xlsx etc.

I am able to download the attachments manually from outlook.com.

It is not antivirus or firewall related, as I am running different options on the different devices.

Are others experiencing this issue and are there any known solutions.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-11-23T00:54:51+00:00

    It is an Exchange Active Sync issue. In the mail app it is caused by using the server eas.outlook.com which is found under settings account.

    I have not been able to find a way to resolve the issue, as because my account is tied to my Office365 subscription the app will not allow the server to be changed.

    There are various other users / posts identifying a similar problem, with many of them having contacted Microsoft Support. However a resolution has not been identified.

    This appears to be a issue where we have to wait for Microsoft to get it together and resolve the server issues at their end.

    In my case, deleting the mail account after switching to a local account made absolutely no difference.

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-20T02:32:30+00:00

    I'm having the exact same problem around the exact same time frame....

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-11-11T06:53:35+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

    I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue. 

    In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

    Are you able to download attachments through web browser?

    Does the issue occur only with outlook.com mails?

    Meanwhile I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps**.**

    **http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps**

    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-11-18T22:00:18+00:00

    I have the same Error as Massavedynamic.

    I tried a different Mail Client (Mailbird) and there all attachments are downloaded correctly.

    I have also noticed that an attachment is downloaded correctly in the Standard Mail app when it is running while I receive the new email.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-11-16T00:47:31+00:00

    I'm not sure this has anything to do with the ISP as SMTP & POP are not used in the Windows 10 mail app, when using an outlook.com account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments