Lumia 950 won't turn on

Anonymous
2016-01-06T11:59:15+00:00

After nearly two weeks my phone turned off with roughly 30% battery and it doesn't turn back on,recovery tool doesn't recognize it and when i plug it in to my pc or when i plug the charger nothing happens but it vibrates shortly every minute or so the whole time it's plugged in,is there any way i can get it back to life ? Thanks.

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-04-07T16:45:13+00:00

    Just strikes me, the behaviour is totally similar to that of WP 7 and WP 8, if they ran out of battery and you tried charging via USB from PC. It somehow couldn't charge via USB from scratch and kept vibrating frequently with a black screen. Only AC charging would revive the phone. As said, same behaviour now with WP10 except it does not even revive with AC charging. HEEEELP

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-04-07T16:39:04+00:00

    Hi 

    I have the exact same problem with my 950. Except the way the phone went out in the first place was some time after a low battery warning where I continued to have my BT headset connected a car drive logging app running. The phone has not come back to live after I started charging. And it just vibrates every minutes or so. Neither soft nor hard reset initiates when pushing the buttons. Removing battery makes no difference either. 

    PLEASE ADVISE, MICROSOFT.

    BR

    Rene

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-03-12T02:14:29+00:00

    hi Ruth,

    what Augustin has described above is EXACTLY what is going on with my phone. Took me a while reading through the forums to find it.

    I tried what you said as well as the "hard reset" to reset an unresponsive phone and I am still getting nothing.

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/reset-my-phone

    I too have done nothing "special" to my phone.

    any suggestions?

    thanks!

    -Heather

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-01-06T14:58:37+00:00

    Still doesn't work,it vibrates when i press power and volume down and i release it after it vibrates the second time but still nothing happens.Also i haven't done any changes recently,only after i got it i did an update wich was about two weeks ago,when this happend i did nothing ''special''to the phone,just everyday use.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-01-06T14:38:05+00:00

    Hi Augustin,

    Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

    I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the phone. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

    Please answer the following for us to assist you better:

    1. Did you make any changes to the phone prior to the issue?
    2. Which was the latest built installed on the phone?

    I suggest you to follow the below link and check if it works.

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/restart-my-phone

    Please reply with the results, we will be glad to help you further.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments